BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mammal Spotted Tail Quoll (Dasyurus maculatus)

Ticklebellly

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Little fellow, first cousin to the Tassy Devil. Thought to be extinct around Brisbane. Recent possible sighting here, 27k from the Brisbane GPO, has set off a search of backyards for signs and photos of the animal. I have hosted a camera at my place for several weeks and I was directly involved in capturing the first photo of a wild Quoll in SEQ since 1981. For the privacy of the landholder involved, I cannot be too specific about the location. In the link below, the top two photos are from a camera I set in the company of Ivell White. The bottom photo is of Ivell and Alina setting a camera in my backyard. http://www.wildlife.org.au/news/2013/quollseeking.html

The search continues and I hope to get rid of the fox that visits here regularly so I can set more baits for the wildlife cameras. My main purpose is to capture a Quoll photo but I am getting lots of other lookers from Wedgetail Eagles to Northern Brown Bandicoots.

Ticklebelly.