South Australian meet

chris larrikin

Les Stroud
Reaction score
G'day all,

I'm starting this thread to see if there would be any interest in a SA meet of some kind. Whether it's an overnighter in Mt Crawford or Kuitpo (or anywhere else), a day hike or something else.

At this stage I am just measuring interest.

Chime in if you'd like to see something happen

MURDOC

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Hey Chris, Sorry about the late reply. Just getting back into bushcraft again. I am interested in having a meet. I have done some camping and hiking involving bushcraft already, with a couple of mates. Over the years, I have been chipping away at the Heysen trail for years. So if you want to touch base, got questions, look forward to a reply. Cheers Adam

Rubbing Elbows

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I'd be interested in an overnighter, however I do work Sundays. Fridays & Saturdays are good for me.

MURDOC

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
My thinking is, we should meet somewhere central. A pub or cafe, just to get an idea who we are and how to get things going. More the merrier. Open to any thoughts. Cheers

Kyall

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I've just moved interstate from Adelaide! Damn it.
Would be keen as!
Hope you guys can make it happen!

MURDOC

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Lets see if we can get the ball rolling? During the month of July?, Saturday afternoon?. This is just a suggestion, the place Exeter Hotel, Rundle St. Either in the beer garden or side ally outdoor area. This place is central for a meet and greet. But open to other places. Dates are good for me are the 16th,23rd,30th. Wear something Bushcrafty, but not too obvious and only something we could recognise. If things kick off, we could get a camp or two in, before the fire bans come around. Crawford and Kuitpo are good places to start. There a couple other places, but these are walk in, walk out about an hour or 2. Look forward to some responds. Cheers