Sources for printed maps

peter.robinson

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I walked past my local map shop at lunch time. It closed down a while back and the place is still vacant but there was a sign saying they have moved to a web based store; so here's one place to find topo maps, etc if you, like me, no longer have a store to walk into. The owner was really helpful and I assume probably still is - I haven't tried the web store yet, just visited.
http://worldwidemaps.spiffystores.com/

What's your favourite source for maps?
I searched the archives but didn't find anything.

pjr

Mickldo

Ray Mears
Reaction score
I just recently went into the Dept of Natural Resources and Mines and bought $650 worth of 1:25,000 maps (40 something maps) for my Scout Troop. They obviously didn't have all the ones I wanted in stock but the ordering process was pretty painless. The only thing I didn't like was most of the maps I wanted were only available in photo maps. I prefer line maps if I can get them. If I want photos I'll look at Google Earth.

The good thing is I now have access to every map in my local area whenever I need them. I thought I better replace the Scouts ones as the newest one we had was about 1968. The Scouts needed to take their shoes and socks off to work out the Magnetic Variation!

Luke Crothers

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Cairns Charts and Maps have been really helpful getting me 1:50k maps of East Arnhem and Elcho Island. If they have maps for here, I presume they must have them for almost everywhere.
I think each map cost me about $12.
They have flat rate postage, from memory.