Smoky Dawson knife throwing skills

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Found this old bit of footage 1950, no audio but still interesting.

dont think I'd be brave enough :_s:

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EVV0TBV1Yag[/video]

Mountainwalker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Not sure what is greater, the skill in throwing the knives and axes or the bravery of the guy standing against the target.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure what is greater, the skill in throwing the knives and axes or the bravery of the guy standing against the target.
The target man did get hit at about 1:45 - fortunately that was a theatrical throwing knife and not a BC knife !

I wasn't surprised when he ran from the axe at the end ! I'm not sure if that was staged or not ... ?

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Just after the section where he is hit by the knife, they are standing together; to me his shirt at the back looks odd and I suspect he is wearing some form of body armour. Having been pulled from the audience at Ashton's circus and been blindfolded whilst knives were "thrown" at me I agree with the bravery of the target. I am not brave, my arms and legs were padlocked and a balloon was placed between my legs. The thuds as the knives went in was very real and the kids told me later how much I flinched! They also pointed out that (spoiler alert) all the knives had been sunk into the backboard by the girl standing next to me.