Slings...

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Quinkan
just been over to slinging.org fantastic sling Your eight strand was a shame a little to long after all that work. You also mention the snap does it go of like a good whip?

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
I still can't find it, but I am technically challenge.... :_s:

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks mate got it

Reply #1495

"it cracks like a demented pygmie stockwhip" :_risata:

Quinkan

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
the internet is like sand. It swallows your stuff up but it never really breaks it down :D

I'm still using that same sling. Roo thong, a 1:1 mix of olive oil and beeswax with a touch of ti tree oil to keep the mold off. It's outlived a dog trying to eat it, frightened a few visitors after inviting em to have a go. It's hanging by the retention loop on a nail between my kitchen and lounge. Still shipshape, and still cracks like Chinatown a few weeks after New Years :p

Actually, sling yankin aside, it's a bit dull. Just plaied it up from roo thing, split the pouch, put in an interweave for grip. It throws a little to the left but after getting used to it I can reliably hit a 50cm sq at about 30m with 60g of stone. Packs a punch.

I expect it will only take another 5 years practice to take the head off a hare... Andeans start practicing as toddlers. Lucky bastards.

Check out some of David Morningstar's tubes, he's a mate and was picked for UK representative at the latest Balearic contest. Not bad for a steampunk from Manchester!

Yep, Dave, I'm lookin at you...