Show off your knife

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Just took possession of a Real Steel Buschcraft Folder.
I’ve handled the fixed blade version. Not 100% happy with the design but unbelievably good value for money.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Now I have a pair of Hiking Buddies from Fiddleback Forge
Pair2.jpg
Specs:
185mm (7.29") OAL, 80mm (3.15") blade, 3mm (1/8") A2 steel, plain edge, skeletonised full tang.
Handles are about 18mm (3/4") thick
The top one is ruby burlap micarta with black bolsters, with a pancake style Ambush Forest sheath.
The bottom one is sunburst jade. It's matched with a Diomedes Xcarry Earl sheath.

Now begins the dilemma - which one to take along on any given hike? :confused:

Last edited:

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Both...one to keep and use, the other to give to your best mate Thrud.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Darn nice looking pair. Is that bearing in the back of the handle?
Looks like it, eh? No, it's Fiddleback Forge's trademark "bullseye" lanyard hole.
According to their BaldeForum page:
"Note: “Spalted™” is a trademark of Fiddleback Forge, Inc. representing its proprietary steel finish. “Bullseye™“ is a trademark of Fiddleback Forge, Inc. representing its lanyard tube design."
Odd that they can claim spalted as a trademark, too.

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I tend to loose track of these threads after a while, so please excuse if you have seen my knives already.
Keith.
Knife 002.jpg
Hunting Knife. Dispatching, skinning & butchering.
Legging Knife 2.jpg
Legging Knife. Back-up to my hunting knife.
Opinel folding knife 2.jpg
My clasp knife. General camp chores, trap making.
Tomahawk 002KH.jpg
My tomahawk/trade axe. Used for making shelters, oil cloth shelter stakes, trap stakes, throwing for entertainment & practice, hammering in wooden stakes, sometimes for helping in the butchering of large game.

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
A couple of Dewey blades I bought at a gunshow many years ago

IMG_4728_2.jpg

The larger is a 5 and a half inch drop point, rather heavy and sturdy. Very comfortable grip with a nice thumb indetation for pushing down hard. The top of the blade is slightly bevelled off to help with slicing.

The smaller is a capeing knife which I have only used a couple of times with a deer hunting friend years ago.

ChrisM

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score

My newest acquisition 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Handy little knife and I like the pouch with its securing strap. No chance of losing the knife in heavy scrub.

Obe-Wan

Russell Coight
Reaction score
My latest acquisition. ESEE 4HM. Handle is a big improvement over the original series.

1FC26432-4CB8-4426-A8FE-2186D164F779.jpg

Last edited:

Obe-Wan

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Just put a forced patina on my L.T. Wright. Stuck it into a lemon overnight. Worked a treat!

Cheers, Scott. 30CFB349-8FF0-4383-A8E6-9E4F65B445DE.jpg

Edward

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Here is my "best" knife, even though I've never been able to bring myself to use it yet! Its a (full length broad-tang) Swedish Fallkniven Jarl SK1se (Special Edition) Hunting Knife. It has a rare natural and beautiful Latvian curly birch handle, that looks a breathtaking red-orange colour. The blade is laminated 3G Super powder steel, with a Scandi-grind and convex edge and it has a 'Bowie-style' blade geometry and the bolsters and inlaid (pinned) shields are nickel silver. I love this knife:non sono stato io:

Last edited:

Edward

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score

My newest acquisition ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a fantastic knife the Fallkniven F1. So good at so many things, with a big cult following.

I had one of those in VG10. I could always return it to shaving sharp quite easily!

I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
One of the small knives in daily use by a farmer I know, cutting the twine on bales of feed (a lot of that in this drought !), opening bags of pellet feed. A whole swarm of daily tasks which make a knife an indispensible tool around the farm.

Farmers knife.jpg

Last edited:

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Finally had some sheaths made for my Dewey drop point and the small capeing knife. Beautifully made sheaths by a saddler place out at Dubbo, well worth the expense.

Dewey drop point and new sheath

Sheath and Dewey drop point_1.jpg

Dewey capeing knife and its sheath

Dewey capeing knife and sheath.jpg

Only thing is the Deweys have never been used and were bought probably nearly 20 years ago so am reluctant to put them to use. Have plenty of other knives in my possession.

Robert Dewey has retired from knife making so think I will keep these ones as original momento's of a great Australian knife maker.

Rob even made knives for the Australian Army (wish I had one) and was highly regarded as a knife maker.

Last edited:

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
My Svord curved skinner which I used a lot skinning roo's, deer and such like. A beautiful knife to use, quick to skin with and holds an excellent edge second to none.

Svord curved skinner_1.jpg

dataphage

Russell Coight
Reaction score
The envy, the envy... it burns! 🤑
Here is my "best" knife, even though I've never been able to bring myself to use it yet! Its a (full length broad-tang) Swedish Fallkniven Jarl SK1se (Special Edition) Hunting Knife. It has a rare natural and beautiful Latvian curly birch handle, that looks a breathtaking red-orange colour. The blade is laminated 3G Super powder steel, with a Scandi-grind and convex edge and it has a 'Bowie-style' blade geometry and the bolsters and inlaid (pinned) shields are nickel silver. I love this knife:non sono stato io:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk