BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Setting Shelters

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
A hint for anyone who suffers from Gastro/heartburn. I am talking about cronic suffers not the once or twice because of what you have eaten.

When setting your shelter (ground Sleeping) pick a site that has a gentle slope so when sleeping your head is always elevated. In bad weather it will be necessary to dig drainage trench to prevent water wash coming thru.

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Good suggestions Dusty M , However I don't want to go on a Rampage:)

gelandangan

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Actually I found that if I sleep in a slope, I would ended up waking with sore muscles.
The body would subconsciously trying to compensate for the fall, and thus the muscles would never completely relax.

Instead, I would maybe dig a slight depression just under where my butt, and back is and tuck myself inside the depression.
Somehow this also helps the back bone a lot, and always woken up feeling a million dollars.