• Scenic rim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
G 'day all.
Well, there have been a few attempts over the years (!), now it is time to actually meet face-face.
Mid February gets all of the silly season silliness behind us and a better chance of p&q at a given location.

Location preferences;
Plenty of shade
Less popular with general public would be good
Paddling/ swimming area
Walking/ 4wd tracks nearby (within 15 minutes)
Conventional vehicle access for maximum participation.

I'll be there from Fri pm until Sunday late, so those with limited time can still get out.
Q; do we make this a family event or do we want to assess the weirdos first? ;)
If we choose family friendly, then we might need better facilities.

Last edited:

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Im interested but work a roster so wait and see. suggestions, Peach Trees camping area, Jimna or
Clancys Camp Area, Benarkin State Forest.

Kingsley

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi I am interested but have to travel with my dog (small) I live in Mackay nth QLD.I don't want to change any venues just to suite me.
Kingsley

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I'm keen. Very dependant on my shifts but far enough in advance gives me the best chance. Coming onto weekends now so march is better for me.

Bushdoc

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Scenic Rim, or otherwise anywhere with enough notice, if still up for a meet sometime.
How about the Burnett?

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
So, been a while...
Sorry for the late notice but I have organised a meet up in other fora and only Just got around to mentioning it here.
I am putting together an informal group of like-minded people interested in bushcraft/survival, emergency response, prepping/ self reliance. Once we get going it will be invite only and based on a sharing/ barter/ donation system rather than a standard business model. Get together monthly, weekend every 2-3 months.
Tomorrow, Sunday 14th of July.
Location- Walkabout creek Discovery Centre, Mt Nebo road, Brisbane.
1000-1400
Byo chair and lunch.
Chatting about the group them working out the schedule and then some first aid and response training.
Cheers.

Last edited:

kiwi

Russell Coight
Reaction score
So, been a while...
Sorry for the late notice but I have organised a meet up in other fora and only Just got around to mentioning it here.
I am putting together an informal group of like-minded people interested in bushcraft/survival, emergency response, prepping/ self reliance. Once we get going it will be invite only and based on a sharing/ barter/ donation system rather than a standard business model. Get together monthly, weekend every 2-3 months.
Location- Walkabout creek Discovery Centre, Mt Nebo road, Brisbane.
1000-1400
Byo chair and lunch.
Chatting about the group them working out the schedule and then some first aid and response training.
Cheers.
Date ?

Lee90

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Can anyone tag along? I haven’t participated much as i’d Have liked in the forum, But I’m keen to meet like minded people. Is there a lot of people attending?

Cheers Lee

kiwi

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Sorry I cant make it today. But will been keen on the next one

Last edited:

barefoot dave

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
G'day folks. Had 5 on the day with 4 apologies. Well be getting together monthly, with a weekender every 3 months. Not just bushcraft, though I lean heavily in that direction.