SEQ Meet Up?

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I'm coming onto weekend shifts. Between work & other plans my weekends are pretty well taken up til early December. :triste:

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I think school holidays start at the end of this week - is it this coming weekend ya'll are aiming for? A daytrip won't matter anytime but an overnighter will get hairy after this weekend.

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
The weekend after suits me better 29/30 and yes school holidays, camp grounds will be crowded so maybe a one dayer?
As for location, Jimna forestry? any other suggestions?

john

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
yep 29-30 was the weekend i thought , i guess there is next week for everyone's input , but thought i would get the ball rolling early

Timmy

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I will try and make it but can not confirm yet.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I propose we lock in a solid date and place.

Saturday the 29th of September at Jimna forestry.

Who has been there, and where would be the best place for everyone to meet?

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Sounds good to me, havnt been there for about 30+ years. Is there a town park and toilets etc?

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Peachtrees has just about everything you could want:

"Camp on the grass beside Yabba Creek, in an area suitable for tents, caravans and campervans. Facilities include: picnic tables, fireplaces (bring your own clean, milled firewood), taps, wheelchair-accessible toilet, cold showers and a public phone."

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Maybe more..... wonder if mobiles work there?
Would like to go for a walk and maybe see how terrifying the fire tower is.

john

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
sounds good to me , give us a location and time and which day , if you need anything done from my end i can go for a drive , just let me know around about where . i think one of the guys lives up there though .

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
PEach trees has a day area we can meet up at or alternatively the Fire tower all depends if it is intended for a camp I suppose Sat the 29 th is ok at moment I can only do a day meet. What time do you guys feel you can there?

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Ok Peachtrees day area sounds good, Sat 29th, I can get there 9/10 ish easy from here. Is there mobile phone reception there, if so
we could exchange mob #s.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I can get there early... was thinking about setting up a tarp or something as a base to do activities / share crafts under. Depends on what everyone wants to do - i'm keen on doing any of the walks there or a scrub bash if anyone is keen on pointing out plants and their uses.

I wasn't planning on staying the night with over 120 people booked in there, but i'm open to suggestions. I wonder if I can attract any Swedish backpackers with my bowdrill skills...

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
I can get there early... was thinking about setting up a tarp or something as a base to do activities / share crafts under. Depends on what everyone wants to do - i'm keen on doing any of the walks there or a scrub bash if anyone is keen on pointing out plants and their uses.

I wasn't planning on staying the night with over 120 people booked in there, but i'm open to suggestions. I wonder if I can attract any Swedish backpackers with my bowdrill skills...
Sounds good AP, how will we recognise your setup? Im sure lots of Swedish backpackers will be attracted by your bowdrill skills but they will nearly all be blokes.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hey John i'll probably be up there between 7 and 8am so I have some time to do a scout around and see if there is anywhere else we may want to check out.

I'll be in a beige dual cab toyota hilux, somewhere in the day use area, tarps will be black and green. If anyone wants my mobile number to call if you cant find where we are send me a PM.