SEQ Meet Up?

feebullet

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
sounds good to me, I think the sunshine coast is looking like the middle point for kingaroy, those rocky way and goldie and brissie boys can head up, I will be heading up with a few more bushcrafters from the gold coast area

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
Just looking at September.....the last weekend of September has the queens birthday public holiday falling on the Monday 1st October (if I am correct).....long weekend.....just thinking out loud.....any potential in that for anyone?
Queens birthday weekend works for me at this time.

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
I'll have to give it a miss this time round... I'm still going to be stuck in 'nam waiting on red tape.

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Peach tree sounds good to me as at this time, not sure if an overnighter will be an option for me but I could at least make it down to meet you guys and girls if it is a go

Quinkan

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
well by road it's probably 40 min or so but living up on a big damned lump, we can see everything for about 30k north/northwest.

But yep... Lovely spot. I've lived all over and could move into the city tomorrow but...I never would. I like that my nearest neighbour is nearly 2k away. My little girl gets to watch animals without car fumes, stars without smog and I can pull a week's worth of food in a couple days worth of looking around if I need to.

I'm kind of near Deer Reserve state forest. I had three cars past mine today. All utes, and I recognised all of them. Not many people stop out front because a) it's a pric< of a road, b)the dog tries to eat people and c) probably having a mini Ned Kelly made of old rusty cans overlooking the gate tends to keep people moving.

Bugger of a place to buy into...pretty much wait for some old couple to fall off their stumps. Otherwise, nothing for sale and we like it that way.

Not too bad for a city boy.

Aussie Forager CQ

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Bugger! I dropped the ball on the queens birthday weekend, turns out I have a wedding to go to. Sorry guys, hope it turns out good for those that can make it, if it goes ahead.....bugger!!

PS I will be down kingaroy way a bit in the future, I'll be sure to put dates up, maybe able to organize something if moons align....

Mulga

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I would love to catch up with you blokes. Unfortnatley I have a patio to build over the school holidays and won't be able to make it.

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
There are good value in minimeets, good to put names to faces, show and tell etc, even if just an hour or so.
I travel in you direction every month or so Mulga, I'll pm you a few days before hand if your ok with that?

Mulga

Les Stroud
Reaction score
There are good value in minimeets, good to put names to faces, show and tell etc, even if just an hour or so.
I travel in you direction every month or so Mulga, I'll pm you a few days before hand if your ok with that?
Sounds good :)

hillbilly

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I will be unavailable queens birthday weekend as i will already been on a week long fishing trip up at Stanage Qld. Maybe next time i hope. :(