BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

• As of the 01/01/2023 the Bushcraft Oz Forum is now closed and has been placed in Archive mode. New Posts and Post Replies have been disabled but existing content can still be viewed. For more information please see the following post for more infomation. It is our goal to retain the wondeful contributions to the Bushcraft community over the years and a more appropriate way of displaying this is being considered for the future so the information is not lost. A perminent web archive of the forum state as of 30 Jan 2022 has been captured and can be viewed herea>.

Thank you all for a wonderful adventure and for your contributions over the years!

saying goodbye

Chigger

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Yes the sad day is fast arriving and likewise again express my thanks to everyone here for such a wonderful time.

Now that reasonable weather is with us I shall certainly be spending more time in the great outdoors.

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Yes , not much time left !
& I only just found this forum . ( Feels like )
Thank you all who shared ... Some of it was pure gold ! & most of it was interesting .

pap11y

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks so much Blake for running this forum and giving us a place like this.

I don't get out bush anywhere near as much as I like to but love camping gear and knives and the bush. With help from members of this forum I made my first friction fire and started making sheathes and eventually knives (which is now a second profession for me).

People who share knowledge to help others grow, are gifts to the community and this forum was blessed with so many good people.

Wishing you all the best and if you ever see Mefflin Knives at a knife show, please come and say hello.

Thank you Bushcraftoz, and everyone who made it Bushcraftoz.

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Jan 01 2023 ... Last day I guess to say Viacondias Compadres !
Perhaps (?) This forum may be resurrected in the future (?) .
When people take a little more interest in being bushcrafty (?)

Who knows , .......... ( you'll find me posting on bladeforums.com )

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for for being a part of the adventure. Wishing you all peace and love in the future. (y)

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank YOU Blake for starting up the forum many years ago, it has been a fantastic adventure.
Be safe be happy, love you all

Mozzie

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Blake and all members for the opportunity to share and learn over the years.

Here's my first spoon of the new year- a fitting way for me to say bye.

IMG_20230101_183441.jpg