Satay Chicken Soup

rurik

Walkabout
Reaction score
After my last trip away I had a few things left in the bottom of the pantry box. So I thought I would have a play around and see what I could come up with and while it is a little to pre packaged for my liking it will quieten the hungry tummy. The main idea behind this recipe is that I want it to be simple, fit into my Vargo 900ml pot and be light.

1 pkg - Indo Mi "Mi goreng satay" noodles.
18g (one serving) - Mountain House freeze dried mixed vege.
1 small can - plain chicken (I used some pre cooked chicken I had in the fridge)
2 Table spoons of peanut butter
1 tub of beef jelly stock.

Method.

Put noodles and veg in the pot with some water and bring to boil. Once at the boil, take off heat and let sit until the veg is soft then drain the water from it. Add 2 cups of fresh water plus stock, chicken, all the flavor sachets in the noodle packet and peanut butter to the pot and reheat.

Enjoy.

When I do this again I will add a table spoon or two of coconut milk powder to the mix to thicken it up a little.

rurik

Walkabout
Reaction score
I was having another play today and have come up with something I'm a similar theme. I swapped the Mi goreng noodles for rice vermicelli and used cupa soup laksa for the flavouring. I cooked the noodles and veg by soaking them in boiled water and then drained. Then I added two packs of the soup, chicken, stock and 500mls of hot water back to the pot. Mixed it through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk