BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

• As of the 01/01/2023 the Bushcraft Oz Forum is now closed and has been placed in Archive mode. New Posts and Post Replies have been disabled but existing content can still be viewed. For more information please see the following post for more infomation. It is our goal to retain the wondeful contributions to the Bushcraft community over the years and a more appropriate way of displaying this is being considered for the future so the information is not lost. A perminent web archive of the forum state as of 30 Jan 2022 has been captured and can be viewed herea>.

Thank you all for a wonderful adventure and for your contributions over the years!

Rush. 511 24 pack

barra650

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I haven't been able to get on this site for awhile , but that's another story .

I recently took ownership of a new Rush.511 24 pack . The first thing you notice as all the vids say , this pack is built to last . I've had 3 day trips into the bush with a load of 9 to 10 kilo and have found it comfortable . Sweating on the back hasn't been an issue . I find back packs with heaps of padding and so called air vents tend to make me sweat a lot more , so I avoid that type of pack . Here is a couple of pics of the bag at a spot I go to which is tucked away off the beaten track .

And while sitting having a coffee at the camp this morning I heard a rustling sound behind me which turned out to be a bloody taipan . I was more worried about the dog being bitten , but luckily I grabbed him before he had a chance to get to close.

IMG_6144.jpg

Last edited:

barra650

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Well I've done a few walks with the rush 24 in the 8 kilometre range with a bit of mountain work thrown in . Carrying 3l of water plus gear brings the weight to around 9kilo . Obviously a pack with hip belts to take some weight would work better , but I find getting down to 7 or so kilo after drinking water and eating into some food the pack is comfortable . You get a sweaty back , but I live up here in the tropics and sweat for at least six months of the year. Like all gear , it takes a bit of time to work into . I'm glad I bought this pack and am enjoying it , Cheers .