BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

Rough Rider RR2212 Classic Carbon ( T10 )

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score

My RR2212 is here at last .
Am I pleased ? ( Huge Sigh ) ... Maybe not !

A) The knife looks great
B) The packaging rocks hard
C) The finish on the knife is great

Visually the knife rules ! Butt & it's a rather large butt !
The main blade has play / slop .. A small amount , but it's there ... And on a new knife , it's some what annoying .
The main blade was ground / formed / shaped ... bent ..
The reason it skews of to one side inside when closed .
And having reground the blade , the some what poor factory grind was too obvious .
So as long as you don't look too hard at this knife , or do edge retention testing .... It's great ! ( My head hurts saying that )
Speaking off , ............ 100 slice fail on the rope for the factory edge . ( Well that's nothing to crow about )
Would I be crowing about this knife = No , I would how ever recommend that RR improve their quality control !
It's 2022 and they let a knife out the door with blade play !

So in anyway , the main blade has been reground / stropped and is ready to hit the rope again !
Now , knives have made strong come backs from a bad factory edge test , and then some knives have not !
I also reground my Marbles D2 ... Just for he hell of it !
Oh dear / oh dear / oh dear ....... We will find out soon !

Last edited:

old4570

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score

Classic Carbon makes a come back !
Wow , that main blade is ................
It was made crooked ! Bent , skews off to one side by craftsmen .
The edge / bevel was kind of factory rubbish . ( I think that's a theme song now )
Anyways , reground ...

Performance = 300 slices with a rolled edge fail .
300 is actually good performance ... So from a 100 fail with a factory edge , to a 300 fail with a rolled edge ..
That's a nice come back .