Rogue RB-2 or RB-5

Sparky396

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Good afternoon all.
I’m in need of some new trail boots, I want away from goretex and stay with leather, I’m from the uk so adjusting to the requirements of Oz bush. They will be for year round dog walking up to 3-4 hrs at weekends and also when I go bush walking without the dogs.
Has anyone tried both styles or can give a recommendation on which would be better for your environment.
I live just north of Sydney

cheers
Rich

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I've always been guided by fit and comfort.
My "new" hiking boots are Scarpa Khumbu and they fit me well - but with the lockdown in Melbourne they haven't had any action over winter … but I think they should be good.
(They do have a goretex inner)

For easy walking along trails, I've just worn out some cheapy "walking shoes" which had stout soles - save the expensive boots for the hard trips

Last edited:

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of leather, especially when I'm off track in dieback sensitive areas. Leather is much easier to clean, and stop the spread of the nasty fungus.
Depends where you are, though.

ChrisM

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I’ve got the RB-5’s. I really like them, I’ve used them year round without getting too hot in Melbourne summer. I haven’t tried the RB-2 but have been thinking about getting a pair to try out.