RNP/Heathcote NP overnighter

• Thread starter Deleted member 1018
  • Start date

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
The West Head area in Kuringai National Park has lots of good walks with the added bonus of great views and lots of Aboriginal petroglyphs to look at.

KB
Maybe for another weekend. If your happy to salt water swim a few ks show you a real cool place. I use flippers & swim most of it on my back {that way you can see the sharks following you :)

Smarteee

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I've got a couple of things to do with the family Saturday morning, but I should make it to either the head of the Uloola track, or Heathcote for @ 1.30pm. Should be at camp by 3.30pm. looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys. Save me a hammock spot.... ;)

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
I've got a couple of things to do with the family Saturday morning, but I should make it to either the head of the Uloola track, or Heathcote for @ 1.30pm. Should be at camp by 3.30pm. looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys. Save me a hammock spot.... ;)
No probs Smartee, we'll see you there. And yes, I'll save you a hammock spot.

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Ok Guys, this is what will be happening on Saturday if you are able to come along. I've made it very simple this time so we can all meet at different times and it is straight forward to find, hope it suits all.

I'm meeting Folcwigga at Waterfall station at midday, if you can make it for then great, if not still great:;): There is a fire trail that heads to Uloola from The train station car park(6.5K easy walk)

When you get to Uloola Falls You'll see a cleared camp area with a dunny, cross the creek to the other side and there is a flat ledge, We should be there.

Hope to see you there bushys, the weather is looking up so pack your sunnies.

Any questions just fire away.

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Hi guys, i'm gonna have to bail on the weekend meet. Very sorry for pulling out at the last minute but i'm off work today with a very nasty flu. Can't really see me getting good for tomorrow.

Hope it s a good weekend for you all, safe travels, Frazer.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
going to be real soggy, crossing that creek will be fun, at least the falls will be teaming down. If you dont go on the hike why not just meet up for the saturday...maybe at Woronora Dam, just a thought :;):

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Due to the *^%^$% weather I am still going :).

Smarteee

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Without a fundamental change in this crazy weather I think I'll be wimping out tomorrow as well. The forecast doesn't look too flash. I live on the edge of the RNP and it's not looking fun out there at the moment. I'll probably stay at home and start work on an Ark...

Hopefully, I'll make a BCoz meet sooner or later...!

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately I have to agree Smartee. Just got drenched coming home from Sutherland Station. It was going to cause a fair bit of disruption at home anyway, so I think I'll save the goodwill to use up another day.

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Gday guys it looks like it is just me. If that is the case, i will go up the Blue Mountains. I want to test my wet weather gear {jacket} so this is the perfect weekend for it. Will do a report on the jacket in clothes. Cheers Peter

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Have a good one Peter. Hope the jacket does the job!

Smarteee

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Hi all, just throwing it out there, I'm thinking of heading to Uloola or Heathcote NP this weekend, if anyone still wants to attempt this one (after last weekends disappointing washout) :)