RNP/Heathcote NP overnighter

• Thread starter Deleted member 1018
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Ok you Sydney based guys(and any other area), Folcwigga who is a forum member from the UK is in town for a while and wants to get out and see a bit of the bush around Sydney. You might remember he posted a 'where should I go when in Oz' post a while back.

It's a bit short notice I know but I thought it could be a good time to see if any of you guys would be into a mini meet. I was thinking somewhere RNP or Heathcote NP.

It would be saturday/sunday 29/30 june.

All welcome, Cheers Phrayzar.

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Sounds great , Phrayzar - my neck of the woods! Hope to join you. Just need to work up some brownie points, as I'm also hoping to do the Kowmung trip in July...

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Sounds great , Phrayzar - my neck of the woods! Hope to join you. Just need to work up some brownie points, as I'm also hoping to do the Kowmung trip in July...
Great Taplow, would be great to see you there. You could do a later arrival if it helps you.

SaxonPathfinder

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Ok you Sydney based guys(and any other area), Folcwigga who is a forum member from the UK is in town for a while and wants to get out and see a bit of the bush around Sydney. You might remember he posted a 'where should I go when in Oz' post a while back.

It's a bit short notice I know but I thought it could be a good time to see if any of you guys would be into a mini meet. I was thinking somewhere RNP or Heathcote NP.

It would be saturday/sunday 29/30 june.

All welcome, Cheers Phrayzar.
Damn I'll be Working :(... Have a good one anyhow

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Gday Phrayzar Have you picked a spot yet? Cheers Peter

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Gday Phrayzar Have you picked a spot yet? Cheers Peter
Depending on numbers, it will either be Uloola falls or a spot I have in Heathcote Np. Would like to see you there mate of you can make it, there's a great cave at the heathcote site.:sorrriso:

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
I want to go :). Just trying to sort it all out. Not sure what time, i would be able to get away on Saturday. Cheers Peter

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
I want to go :). Just trying to sort it all out. Not sure what time, i would be able to get away on Saturday. Cheers Peter
Coming late is not a problem Peter, Smartee and Taplow are both coming late.

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Might be able to get there a bit earlier after all, especially if I can walk in from a station as is the case for Uloola. I camped there about 15 years ago - great spot. I was shown some aboriginal rock carvings - spear sharpening groves and animals, which were a bit off track but I might find them again.

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Might be able to get there a bit earlier after all, especially if I can walk in from a station as is the case for Uloola. I camped there about 15 years ago - great spot. I was shown some aboriginal rock carvings - spear sharpening groves and animals, which were a bit off track but I might find them again.
I'd love to see the site Taplow, been going there for years and have never found them.

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Being able to catch a train would be a big +

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Being able to catch a train would be a big +
You can catch a train to waterfall station. There is a 6k easy walk fire trail straight to Uloola falls or you can catch the train to heathcote station and walk aprox 5k to the heathcote site, also an easy walk.

koalaboi

Ray Mears
Reaction score
The West Head area in Kuringai National Park has lots of good walks with the added bonus of great views and lots of Aboriginal petroglyphs to look at.

KB

Folcwigga

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this up Phrayzer. It will be good to meet up with some bushcrafters and see some of the bush. :)