BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Result: Project - Crux Clock - Thrud

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I realised that my eyelet punch did not have sufficient jaw size to construct the original At plans so decreased it so the jaws would fit. I know I could have used a push pin with the bendy legs, but if I was going to the bother of laminating I thought an eyelet would be more durable.

With the size of the "Mini Crux Clock" I thought it would more likely to travel with me as it fits into my belt kit.

Below are the images of the project. I did two on the one piece of lamination in case of mistakes. I also realised that I did dot have to bother with cutting the pieces out before laminating as I was going to have to cut them out of the lamination pouch anyway!

Weather permitting I will try tonight.DSC02368.jpgDSC02371.jpgDSC02372.jpg

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
No such thing as a dumb question! You can use it on a clear night to tell the time from the Southern Cross.

By the way I tried some of your home brew, excellent stuff!

robwilliams

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Thanks Thrud, I see the light in the darkness. hahaha

Glad you like it. When I get the next brew bottled, I'll make sure you get some as well. :_sii:

Last edited: