Result: Project - Cooking Crane - AussiePreppers

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
the course is 24hrs old and the bcoz'ers are already into it :)
Great work.

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Great work AP and really nice photos too.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Cheers, hoping to see some pretty wild creations from others... I've seen Corin do a pretty cool one so we'll see what happens

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Great work Ap. So great to see you getting into the course already! Those photos are absolutely top shelf but that first one is unreal!

Looks like you have a small log or something on the end of the crane there to add some extra weight? If thats the idea thats a great one! Certainly I have had problems with the holding pegs going into the ground when it is firm.

DavoAnth

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Great work and pics there mate, I like that counterweight idea too. Looks like a great day out.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Blake, you aren't wrong about hard ground being a problem. The best and safest fire spot here was this spot, and it was like concrete. I really had to choose my sticks well, and even then they didn't go in as good as I liked, so I added the optional weight. It was just an odd sized rock that I used to pound the sticks in with, leaning against the pegs to keep them together and hold there with some sort of stability.

It was a good day out - I was pretty sore from my hike in D'Aguilar NP but as soon as I saw the project I knew I had to get out and try and redeem myself from the dodgy pics the day before.

I hid the set in the bush and will reuse them whenever I pass through.