Redback everest boots

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I bought these from an ebay store for $138.55; that's with a 10% discount using the code POPPER10. I've seen them other places online for $140 to over $200. I believe they compare easily to other walking boots of $200. These are great boots. All leather upper with gusseted tongues. Even the ankle collar is leather. The leather feels good. I like them a lot. The soles are very grippy - I've a pair of redbacks that are over 10 years old, and just got them re soled. I used those redbacks on an extended walk in the south west of Tassie and was the only one without foot problems. I'll use these as dress boots. I tend to wear clothes smart casual, but I can go on an unplanned bush walk easily, which happens a fair bit. They are lined with this stuff called cambrelle, which is supposed to help breathing. On my old boots the lining is still good. They come in half sizes. Note the half sizes aren't longer, but 4mm wider. One of my feet is permanently swollen due to injury; the half size fits well but I still had to take out the left inner sole as I have with with all my boots. Very good value. Also notice no stitching low down on the sides - this is where other boots not purpose made for bush walking fall apart when they are constantly scuffed climbing rock etc. A very easy recommendation.

From the redback site

Last edited:

Peter123

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Red backs are great boots. The sole gives heaps of grip when things get hairy