Rabbit Burrows

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Taken this morning after doing a small cull.
You will see the first 4 pics are from burrows freashly dug today or been working on over last few days but there has been activity today. the next two will show the damage these burrows do to our native lands. As you may all be aware we have had some very heavy rains over the last month or more and the other photo show the cause of the rabbits works.
View attachment 9757View attachment 9758View attachment 9759View attachment 9760View attachment 9761View attachment 9762
The last two pics show a collapsed burrow from the rains this runs the full length of the shed 9m long and there is still activity at far end.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Those wascly wabbits.
My Dad tells me that when he was a youth he worked for his dad and another bloke. They had a ute full of traps, a single tyne plough and the use of a disused farm house. They would tow the plough behind the ute making a furrow while one set the traps.
Almost as quick as they were setting them, the traps were going off behind them. They would skin them and put the skins in one room of the farmhouse as they got paid for these. Not sure what they did with the meat. He said the room would be full before it went off and they would take the pelts off to be sold.
He said they would decimate an area to the point it would be unviable for some time.
Cheers
Bloffy

gelandangan

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
A lot of people do not understand the damage those rabbit can do to land.
Most cannot look beyond their cute presence.
I have a few people accosting me with anger for shooting them (yet they applaud the government for killing them in mass using virus?)

Auscraft, yes I have seen farm houses collapses from burrows dug under their foundation.
I have also seen tractor fall down a pit due to the tunnels underground.. dangerous..