Qld topo maps

Neilsk

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
WOW thats awesome!! now i have to go and get all the maps i can think of before Queensland starts charging us.

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Awesome mate. I had look a while ago but only found the official printed copies & the selection wasn't great.

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
I believe this only became available last Monday to the public. I was given a intro card when I was collecting my maps for Fraser Island , I had yet to view it as I was told it was mainly for property recognition which it does and provides better scales than what you could by in many cases.
the only thing is in the maps I look at as they are for land records is they don't list points of interests (POI's) but that is only a small issue.

Last edited:

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Only problem I found with this is that it only has Lat and Long grid on. It would be great if it had UTM gird on so you can use a baseplate compass to get a grid ref off the map or to check your grid from GPS to map.
Other than that its good.

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
I believe this only became available last Monday to the public. I was given a intro card when I was collecting my maps for Fraser Island , I had yet to view it as I was told it was mainly for property recognition which it does and provides better scales than what you could by in many cases.
the only thing is in the maps I look at as they are for land records is they don't list points of interests (POI's) but that is only a small issue.
Been using it for about a month now was told there is something else that you can get from the same site that overlays topo onto google earth but does not seem to be working at the moment.

Gleebitz

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Surely there are paper topo maps with grid lines for sale somewhere? What do the Aus forces lads use when out on exercise? Hema maps are ok for what they are but I was hoping to get something equivalent to UK Ordinance Survey maps. Don't get me wrong, I'm in the market for a GPS but I like the reassurance of the old ways. ;)

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
Surely there are paper topo maps with grid lines for sale somewhere? What do the Aus forces lads use when out on exercise? Hema maps are ok for what they are but I was hoping to get something equivalent to UK Ordinance Survey maps. Don't get me wrong, I'm in the market for a GPS but I like the reassurance of the old ways. ;)
Geoscience Australia produce topo maps which are equivalent to the UK OS maps: 1:25K, 1:50K, 1:100K, 1:250K etc
It seems to me there has been lots of cost cutting and handing if issues between states and federal, but basically no one in government is keen to print paper maps anymore !

Geoscience Australia list the following outlets for printed maps:
http://www.ga.gov.au/data-pubs/client-services/ga-client-services/topographic-map-retailers

(Genarally the 1:25K maps are now the responsibility of each state govt to produce as they see fit)

(No Affiliation)