QLD meet

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in travelling to Ban Ban Springs for a Meet free camp site on private land access?

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Not sure yet . may need to let the terrorist season dye down a little first. open to suggestions mid week weekends I don't care

Hairyman

Ludwig Leichhardt
Archivist
Reaction score
A visit to the nearby Coulston lakes volcanic craters would be interesting too.

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Might be up for that. Cania Gorge is only 2 hours north of that good for a walk. Good camp site there as well.

Mickldo

Ray Mears
Reaction score
I am interested in coming, it is just down the road from me. It will depend on when it is though. I can only do weekends though.

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I'm up. I can do mid week or weekends but need notice to check my roster.

bushcamper

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Not this time, too far for me at the moment.

Last edited:

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, It is looking like I will be up in Qld in May for work for a few weeks, and a weekend :)

Once it confirmed and I have dates I would be willing to drive a few hours from Brisbane for a weekend meet someplace.

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
OH great another NSW tourist to hit our roads:)
Keep us informed it would be great to have a meet up

Stewart Townsend

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
First weekend is the AKG show, 2nd weekend is driving back from Melbourne, 3 rd weekend maybe free, last weekend (25-26)is the Arms Militaria Antiques Show at the Ecca grounds. That is my May.

AussiePreppers

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Interested in this one... although I have a youtuber QLD bushcraft meet in May as well so it depends on the weekend...

swampy99

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Now down in the Fraser coast area so well up for meets and stuff. Is the Ban ban springs still on need about a month notice to see if it fits in with shifts and that the minster of rations and finance lets me out.

ghilliexur

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Assuming this post is still "hot" this is an idea worth developing. We live about 12 miles for Cania Gorge... Ban Ban Springs near Gayndah to the South is a goodly spot as well. So we (4) are most interested. Taking this out for a walk to see where it might end. There are conventions and trade fares for just about everything these days but not much in the way of bush craft. Thinking out loud. Lets assume we aim for something and miss it instead of aiming for nothing and actually hitting it.

Where can we hold this? There are a gazillion hectares in these parts? Given the fact that some folk will have to travel long distances to get here and given the price of fuel a three for four day jaunt. Assuming we decide this is doable what time of year? Spring is good not much happens in Spring days are longer (12 hours) ; Summer hot 40+ Suns up at 4:45 (about) long long days (14 hours) hot hot hot. Winter cold days too short.. Autumn nice time in these parts.

What would we learn? Some suggestions; Camp craft; Bush craft; Tracking man and beast; Rifle craft and shooting; Knife craft and making; Blacksmithing; Leather and clothes work an so forth. To make it work it needs a name. Brand it and we might just achieve it. Giving our sponsor his due and first chop at the tree "The BushcraftOZ convention" failing that "Ion Ideriess Bush Craft convention" Ion was perhaps one of Aus's prolific fiction and non fiction writers about life in the Australian bush, so in his honour. "Down Under Bush craft bash" suggestions!

What else can we do? Well lets see what comes in. What about the bucks to get it off the ground? Glad you asked. Lots of grant funding for such events so this is an avenue we will explore. In the mean time lets "jaw" because through through "jawing" things happen.

Regards to you all
RJ

ghilliexur

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Assuming this post is still "hot" this is an idea worth developing. We live about 12 miles for Cania Gorge... Ban Ban Springs near Gayndah to the South is a goodly spot as well. So we (4) are most interested. Taking this out for a walk to see where it might end. There are conventions and trade fares for just about everything these days but not much in the way of bush craft. Thinking out loud. Lets assume we aim for something and miss it; instead of aiming for nothing and actually hitting it.

Where can we hold this? There are a gazillion hectares in these parts? Given the fact that some folk will have to travel long distances to get here and given the price of fuel a three for four day jaunt. Assuming we decide this is doable what time of year? Spring is good not much happens in Spring days are longer (12 hours) ; Summer hot 40+ Suns up at 4:45 (about) long long days (14 hours) hot hot hot. Winter cold days too short.. Autumn nice time in these parts. Perhaps QLD one year NSW the next; VIC and so forth. Spread it around Aus is very diverse.

What would we learn? Some suggestions; Camp craft; Bush craft; Tracking man and beast; Rifle craft and shooting; Knife craft and making; Blacksmithing; Leather and clothes work an so forth. A guest speaker maybe Les H will come and throw that hat into the ring... Who knows... To make it work it needs a name. Brand it and we might just achieve it. Giving our sponsor his due and first chop at the tree "The BushcraftOZ convention" failing that "Ion Ideriess Bush Craft convention" Ion was perhaps one of Aus's prolific fiction and non fiction writers about life in the Australian bush, so in his honour. "Down Under Bush craft bash".... boring...Suggestions! When? Lets plan for 2014. Promotion? We can cover that?

What else can we do? Well lets see what comes in, no interest no show. What about the bucks to get it off the ground? Glad you asked. Lots of grant funding for such events so this is an avenue we will explore. In the mean time lets "jaw" because through through "jawing" things happen.

If we dont dream we are dead...

Regards to you all
RJ