Python enters camp

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
had the chance to get a nice video of this chap entering camp,
we were blissfully unaware at the time he was heading our way.

he was a good size, never gave us much notice only to stop for a look at the long logs hanging in the trees above him (us)

[video=youtube;kNk7beLzfpU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNk7beLzfpU[/video]

https://youtu.be/kNk7beLzfpU

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Hammocks for the win.

They were out and about with the warm weather this weekend, I had a 6 foot red belly come across the track this morning.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Simon this is the first Diamond we have seen in about 5 years....lost count on red bellies and Browns of which

we see every weekend. Have great respect for snakes, we like them...seeing the Diamond was so cool

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Thanks Moz!

I was walking on the track leading out of the glow worm tunnel near Newnes a few years ago, when I heard a thump behind me. A Diamond had fallen off an overhanging branch (or deliberately fell but missed me?). It slowly worked itself back up again...

Then this Sunday morning I was running on a fire trail with my dog when she sniffed at something rustling in the bushes. Turned out it was a large red belly - could have ended in tears. First time this has happened so hopefully she won't find another in a hurry.

Last edited:

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Tap...do you think maybe that was a "drop snake" (akin to drop bears :_risata: ) ... i like snakse BUT i think id poop myself if one dropped like that...must have been something n that tree it was after maybe?

Ive heard its supposed to be a bad year for snakes for us east coast locals... we have seen more in just a few weeks..then what is normaly a few months.

if your out trail running with your dog, id be long leash using, had a friend tell me today they lost there cat due to a red belly black.