Puralytics solar bag Purifyer

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
It does looks interesting and some astounding claims !

At first I thought it was a "sodis" bag, but its more sophisticated than that !

barefoot dave

Ray Mears
Reaction score
The claims are one thing, BUT they have the testing to back it up!
Check the EPA test report on the lower left.
I think I might have to get one to test. No moving parts and a long service life.
My only question is;How do you know when it has stopped working without getting explosive diarhea?!

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A very interesting find there mate!

Before I clicked the link and when i saw the photo I thought it was just a clear bag for treating water via UV radiation but there is much more to it than that. Its quite a bit of coin as It covers a chemical treatment too which is very impressive. I think it has a much greater use in developing areas where chemicals and viruses are a much larger issue. I certainly wouldn't say no if someone put one under the seat of my ute though.

Interesting technology for sure. From my perspective It will be interesting to see if this technology can be developed to shorter treatment times or a more hiker friendly adaptation.

pap11y

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Very clever but the long delay to use the water is a drawback. Also the need to double the time if its a cloudy day...

Good to see as if this is a new tech maybe the future iterations will be more advanced (and take less time)...