poncho reccomendations

Cgroot

Russell Coight
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about getting my girlfriend a poncho since she's always so cold when we go out bush. I'm after a wool or alpaca wool poncho with a hood preferably made in Australia. I found a few online but was wondering if any of you guys might know someone that makes them or can recommend a site?

Thanks!

MongooseDownUnder

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I would also be interested in seeing an answer to this. Could you possibly get a good wool blanket and cut a neck hole in it?
One option I have used is just a plain wool blanket with a blanket pin, works well and then is better as a blanket when using it to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shazam

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
When I was a kid I had one made out of part of a Greek navy blanket ....had velvet material on the neck area as it was a thick course wool blanket. Wish I still had that.

I've got one of these:
https://www.mexicanponcho.com.au/costumes/clint-eastwood-spaghetti-western-poncho-original-pattern-100-wool-w-leather-collar/

No hood but it's really nice ...and doubles as a blanket. You do lose heat through the neck part in blanket mode if you haven't covered it and used alone....but there are a lot of options to remedy that if you have to.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
A few years ago I made a fleece one. I bought a couple of metres of fleece from spotlight, cut the slit for the headhole and added some velcro so that it would seal and make a blanket, but that step's not really necessary. It'd be an easy project to put together.