Perth-WA BCOZ Meet.....ideas and dates

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
We have been a bit slack over in the West.

We should organise a meet to sort this out.

Location and date to be decided, any and all suggestions post here.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Mt Mambup / Jumbuck Hill.

Day trip or an overnighter.

Last two weekends of June, or all but the first weekend of July suits me.

sami12

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Sounds good guys. Prefer an overnighter at least. Not fussed how far away. Further the better =)

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
We should aim to accomodate both ground and tree dwellers!

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Any other WA members interested?, let us know what dates you can do.
Even if you can't come for a night, if we head to the planned area, it is a reasonably short walk in and out.

Browny

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Hernia surgery on the 2nd July, so no walk-in camp for me for some time afterwards. (Those that have seen my pack will understand, gotta get the weight down eventually)

Working some weekends between now and then also, but if the date fits a free wekend I'm in with bells on.

Decco

Malcolm Douglas
Reaction score
Im in. Been awhile since I've been out overnight. looking forward to it.

Doc

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Hernia surgery on the 2nd July, so no walk-in camp for me for some time afterwards. (Those that have seen my pack will understand, gotta get the weight down eventually)

Working some weekends between now and then also, but if the date fits a free wekend I'm in with bells on.
Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery Brownie. You have been "in the wars" lately!

Foxtrot65

Les Stroud
Reaction score
I'm definitely into this, I'm planning of booking a week off work after July school holidays towards the end so the last week and poss first week of August , where is the location to camp? Does the gate shut at bells Rapids at night? I suspect not, even if I can't make it, will come and hang out and say good'ay for a few hours

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
I'm definitely into this, I'm planning of booking a week off work after July school holidays towards the end so the last week and poss first week of August , where is the location to camp? Does the gate shut at bells Rapids at night? I suspect not, even if I can't make it, will come and hang out and say good'ay for a few hours
Hi Foxtrot65,

When we camp out that way, we get permission from the ranger to allow us to park our vehicles in a secure area near the entrance to Walyunga NP. The camp site is approximately a 30 minute walk from the car park.

Redtail

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
BTW - the first weekend in August is the Avon Descent. Things can get very busy around there at that time.

uneekwahn

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Hi guys,

17/18 is out for me as it's my wedding anniversary on the 14th and my wife's birthday on the 19th.

Doc and I went out for a recce this morning and have found a great spot where we can fit 4 or 5 hammocks and plenty of tents / bivvys.

24/25/26 July is good for me (Friday and Saturday nights and return home on Sunday).

How does that suit everyone else?