Opinel No 9 .

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
There's not much in the way of decent knives to be bought up here in Townsville , but I found Tent World has a good range of Opinel , SAK and even a Becker BK7 . Anyway I bought the No 9 today and not disappointed with the knife . the knife struggled to cut paper out the box , but only took a couple of minutes on 2000 grit and stropping to have it shaving sharp . There are probably a few gents and lasses here who have Opinels and I know that I will enjoy mine . Cheers.

P.S. My first Opinel .

Le Loup

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
There's not much in the way of decent knives to be bought up here in Townsville , but I found Tent World has a good range of Opinel , SAK and even a Becker BK7 . Anyway I bought the No 9 today and not disappointed with the knife . the knife struggled to cut paper out the box , but only took a couple of minutes on 2000 grit and stropping to have it shaving sharp . There are probably a few gents and lasses here who have Opinels and I know that I will enjoy mine . Cheers.

P.S. My first Opinel .
Well done mate, good choice in my opinion. Look after it & it will look after you. Best clasp knives I ever owned.
Keith.

MJC88

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Must be the day for it, I too picked up my first Opinel today from Tent World down in Tweed!
I went the No8 in Stainless, like the classic look and feel forsure and will be giving it a run for EDC. Due to get some boiled linseed oil to run over all my wooden handles so will try it on the Opinel too.

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Must be the day for it, I too picked up my first Opinel today from Tent World down in Tweed!
I went the No8 in Stainless, like the classic look and feel forsure and will be giving it a run for EDC. Due to get some boiled linseed oil to run over all my wooden handles so will try it on the Opinel too.
How's that for coincidence . I was all set to get the No 8 but I held the No 9 in hand and it felt right . Hope you enjoy .

barra650

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
A wee bit of customising to the No 9 . A few coats of colour on the handle and recess at the nail nik ( Maybe I gotta get a life ). I've only had the knife for a day and it 's already bit me . Mum always said " Don't play with knives "

Kindliing

Russell Coight
Reaction score
I ended up buying one of these today , its a number 10. Didn't see a no.9 there only a no.8 which I liked and when I felt how light it was thought it could possibly even float ,

decided to get the no.10 in carbon steel because weight isn't an issue and I can fit my whole hand on the handle. Only 25$ unreal value looks and feels quality.
I thought they looked like somebody stuck a blade on a piece of broom handle first , it actually feels really good in the hand.

Gees the blade is stiff going in and out though. Hope that changes over time.
Put a little oil in there nothing yet.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice job on the opinel barra650.
They're great knives, thin stock and full flat grind. I like both the stainless and carbon steels they use.