NSW Sydney based meet

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for all the wonderful well wishes guys! Not a drama at all Wentworth.

Im sure ill see you all at the next one.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
I wanted to see what condition the road was in, so I walked it as a 20km daywalk.
It's been graded since we were last there, so it is 2wd accessible. But the final hill down to the campsite is slick clay. People have cut a fair bit of green branches to put down on the road for traction. I think this section would be bad for 2wd.
It's a nice campsite, but if the weather stays wet this week I think it will be 4wd only.

Screen Shot 2015-03-22 at 5.07.13 PM.jpg

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I see Wentworth Falls forecast is some rain every day till the weekend :^o):

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I'm really not sure I'm prepared to risk my car in those conditions. Should we be looking for a different, more robust venue? I think that Belangalo SF rwould be great and I understand the issue with the history there but the camp ground is really nowhere near where the bad stuff happened.

Last edited:

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I'm really not sure I'm prepared to risk my car in those conditions. Should we be looking for a different, more robust venue? I think that Belangalo SF rwould be great and I understand the issue with the history there but the camp ground is really nowhere near where the bad stuff happened.
Old pine road campsite is the best spot down there for a group camp. Daley's has been getting very busy most weekends with loud music becoming a theme.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hhmmmmm.... not keen driving 2.5 hours to find a boggy road at the end and then what :_s: I was not making a final decision to go to INGAR till Friday morning. I do have a 4WD Subaru but not risking her as she's very low to the ground :non sono stato io:

i think Mr Mozz may come as well now, so could be in the Ute, so that's fine for INGAR but we could be the only ones in there if it's been raining PMSLOL

dont forget we all have to darn well "vote" sat day morning :^o):

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
We'll be doing it online I think.
It's looking like another location might be the way to go unfortunately.

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I'd be happy to visit Belangelo if there is a quiet spot for us. Haven't camped there and recent posts about it on here have been very positive.

I'll be arriving later on Saturday so hope not to travel much further than that.

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Old pine road campsite is the best spot down there for a group camp. Daley's has been getting very busy most weekends with loud music becoming a theme.
How do we get to Old Pine Rd? I've only been to Daleys, and only once.

Should we make a decision on the venue? I'd like to hear from Wenty as he started the idea.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
Started a new job this week, so am a bit disorganised getting onto the forum from anything but my phone.

Ingars is now closed due to the wet weather apparently, so that option is out.
Euroka campground, where there have been minimeets before is apparently booked out for this weekend.
There is Bents basin which I'll check out to see availability.

Daleys is going to be too far for us two for a one night camp this week.

I'm quite happy to bow out of this meet if that works as a better location for everyone else though. I would prefer those close to the state forest still meet up than the whole thing be called off just because of me.

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Just remember that there is no hammock camping at Bents Basin - i had to really sweet talk a ranger when I took my hammock there.