NSW / Sydney Area Meet

Event type

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
image.jpg

Got this one to load. Wonder why I'm having troubles.

Anyhow, this little cutie rules the campsite. She does the Golden Retreiver breed proud as does her family.

Last edited:

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Can't get anymore photos to load which is a disappointment.

Anyhow. Good times had. Highlights being company, chilli (the pup) the gourmet menu and over coming some tough conditions in relative comfort.

Last edited:

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Great pics.

Looking forward to the next one. I've spent the last two weeks planning and making small adjustments to both my car camping and walk in camp set ups

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Great photos Lep as always.

Hows the forest out there, I hear a few trees still over tracks?

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
We came across one tree down across a track that the forestry people were in the process of clearing. Another came down nearby while we were checking with them about the Old Pine Rd site. I think another 2 had come down in an area that we revisited later in the day and there was one down that looked very recent near where we camped. I'm sure there were more that we didn't see or hear. They were dropping like flies and the forestry blokes suggestion of the forest not being the best place to be that day was probably correct.

Walking around looking for a spot earlier and then later for firewood the number of holes in the ground left from root balls of fallen trees was really something. I've never spent much time in pine forests and I guess with this being really a man made forest the forestry blokes were right in that they don't put down strong roots as being so close together they're mostly protected from the wind but when they start clearing an area and the trees are suddenly exposed to winds they haven't had to deal with before they fall over easily.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
We came across one tree down across a track that the forestry people were in the process of clearing. Another came down nearby while we were checking with them about the Old Pine Rd site. I think another 2 had come down in an area that we revisited later in the day and there was one down that looked very recent near where we camped. I'm sure there were more that we didn't see or hear. They were dropping like flies and the forestry blokes suggestion of the forest not being the best place to be that day was probably correct.

Walking around looking for a spot earlier and then later for firewood the number of holes in the ground left from root balls of fallen trees was really something. I've never spent much time in pine forests and I guess with this being really a man made forest the forestry blokes were right in that they don't put down strong roots as being so close together they're mostly protected from the wind but when they start clearing an area and the trees are suddenly exposed to winds they haven't had to deal with before they fall over easily.

thanks for the update, i was going to go midweek to do some pine needle collecting, sounds a bit dodgie, when i go ill just have to be very mindfall and NOT go on a real windy day :-/

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Looking forward to the next one. I've spent the last two weeks planning and making small adjustments to both my car camping and walk in camp set ups
It's been too long. Anyone up for an overnighter soon? Same place? See if we can find the same spot and if the fireplace we made and wood we set aside are still there? Wouldn't mind getting out for a pre winter shakedown and then a couple through June - Aug.

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Good idea. I can't make anything soon but a meet in winter sounds good.

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I'd like to go soon though I'm not sure I can. Thinking maybe May 13/14 for the first one? Another late June? Maybe 24/25th? The a third early Aug, say 5/6th?

Askew

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I'd like to go soon though I'm not sure I can. Thinking maybe May 13/14 for the first one? Another late June? Maybe 24/25th? The a third early Aug, say 5/6th?
Don't forget the Sydney knife show is on the 5th/6th of august.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
I was talking with Pierre about how long it's been since we had a meet. I'm keen.

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
OK, well I'm open to suggestions of other dates. With everything I have going on ATM I don't know if I can make any date until the week leading up to it anyway but will we pencil in the weekend of 13/14 May? Any suggestions other than Belanglo?