Event type

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
NSW / Sydney Area Meet 23rd / 24th July

It's been far too long...

Expressions of interests for a Sydney area meet?

I'm open to locations.

Date is now firming up for the 23rd / 24th July

Last edited:

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Definitely and perfect timing.

Recently worked 3 weeks straight so have some time in lieu coming. Only time I'm likely to not be able to make it would be the weekend of the 30th/31st. I'm open to location etc.

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Very keen but a few things up in the air at the moment. Hopefully I can fit in with whatever date is decided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Car or canoe for my preferance. Purely so I can take more stuff to play with and show others. A couple of set-ups maybe, some cast iron for cooking....

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
22nd/23rd should be OK for me.

I'd say car or walk in as I'll likely freeze my butt off taking the kayak but I won't say I'd be an automatic no. If car I'll probably take the new big tent that I haven't had a chance to try out and like you would mean I could bring the cast iron, maybe do a roast or stew though it's been a while so I'll bring 2min noodles as well LOL.

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Car or canoe for my preferance. Purely so I can take more stuff to play with and show others. A couple of set-ups maybe, some cast iron for cooking....
Car would be my choice for that reason (and I don't have a canoe).

That date could work for me but will know better in a few days.

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Just remembered I have couple of unused cast iron jaffle irons to try out so I'll have to find them. Hope I didn't leave them in the camper trailer when I sold it.

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Just remembered I have couple of unused cast iron jaffle irons to try out so I'll have to find them. Hope I didn't leave them in the camper trailer when I sold it.
oh great, I was looking at a jaffle irons the other day. I have never used them but they look like they would be great.

pap11y

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm interested but am likely out for this.. Too much knife work to do before the Sydney show.

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
I'm interested but am likely out for this.. Too much knife work to do before the Sydney show.
Isn't the knife show on the 6th of Aug? we are looking at the fortnight after that.

Many more a case of too much work to get done completing orders from the knife show
!!

STOP ..... what am I talking about.???

your right.. 2 weeks before the knife show. 23rd July proposed meet date.

Last edited:

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
oh great, I was looking at a jaffle irons the other day. I have never used them but they look like they would be great.
Yeah I bought these ones from the US as the local ones didn't seem like great quality and these looked better. As luck would have it I bought one to try and it went missing in transit so Amazon replaced it. Then the original turned up weeks later and they told me keep that as well. Then a short time later a relative give me one of the local ones I'd been avoiding as a gift LOL. If I can find them we can do a side by side comparison.

As to location, I haven't really been car camping (looks like we're headed that way) in years so I'm not sure. I also assume we'll want somewhere accessible via normal road car. Guess it depends on how far we want to go and the direction. If we want to keep it simple and want basic amenities the first two places that come to mind are Newnes (not too far past Lithgow but is within national park) and Danjera Dam near Nowra though both can be very popular. I'm not too fussed about amenities for an over nighter though so would be happy if we just pick a state forest and find some flat ground.

If we pick somewhere not too far out it'd possibly give people the option of just coming out for the day rather than staying overnight. Then again, maybe we can organise a lunch meeting for the knife show for those that can't make the overnighter?

Aussiepom

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Just noticed this thread...I'll be up for this at this stage, unless something else gets in the way. I haven't been to a 'meet' since we went to Blake's place a year or two ago.