Interest but not confirmed:

BjornJ
Walker
Lepmeister
hobes
peter

----------------------

Glendangan,

Ive already got my meals planned but others are more than welcome to do whatever. I will bring a few spare camp ovens in case people would like to use them.

I'm going to bring along a few transpiration bags from the store also and we can have a play.

SaxonPathfinder

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Hello All i regret to inform you all that i cannot make it to the camp this Weekend as i've had things come up and can no longer afford the food or travel expense. I hope you all have a great time :)

D

Deleted member 1018

Account Inactive
Bugger! Thought I'd be able to come and meet you all but unfortunately it's not on the cards. Next time guys.

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Balke, my latest thinking is that I'll go up to the Mountains tomorrow and stay overnight and then come down to Newnes on Saturday morning and just hang around camp for the day and proably not stay overnight. So, unless something changes will see everyone on Saturday morning.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No problem Bloozz hope to see you then.

For anyone else interested. Its not an official thing. Like all meets its just an informal get together. I wont be checking off names or expecting people so if you cant make it or are late its not a drama just rock up if you can.

When you get to the campsite. If you haven't been to a meet before and dont know anyone Ill thrown my red tarp up. It stands out like a sore thumb so come over and say hi.

darren

Templar
Reaction score
Lucky Country, where the geckos are paid to l
No problem Bloozz hope to see you then.

For anyone else interested. Its not an official thing. Like all meets its just an informal get together. I wont be checking off names or expecting people so if you cant make it or are late its not a drama just rock up if you can.

When you get to the campsite. If you haven't been to a meet before and dont know anyone Ill thrown my red tarp up. It stands out like a sore thumb so come over and say hi.
Red will stand out nice against the snow mate.

I'm looking forward to this

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know the condition of the road out to Newnes? Haven't been out in a while and I'm a bit wary of how the hatchback will go in the rain

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone know the condition of the road out to Newnes? Haven't been out in a while and I'm a bit wary of how the hatchback will go in the rain
Don't think you will have an issue mate its a reasonable road even when it hits dirt. Just take it slow. Hope it snows! That would be awesome. Poor Wentworth. Cant escape the stuff at the moment :linguino:

Ill be there rain, hail, shine, snow, earthquake, tornado, flood or zombie apocalypse.... especially zombie apocalypse because darren has the tactical saw.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys.

At the moment the road from Mudgee to Lithgow is closed. I heard it was closed on the GWH at wentworth falls to mt Victoria too. Hopefully it all clears by tomorrow.

EDIT: according to RTA site. Road to lithgow from mudgee is now open. (this only effects aussiepom, jenny and myself)

For those coming over the mountains the great western highway between katoomba and mount victoria is closed. Bells line of road is open however. Lets hope it clears tomorrow but dive very safe everyone.

Last edited:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Latest road info from the RTA can be found here: http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au/desktop.html

Weather starting to clear here in Mudgee and also in Sydney. http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/rain-clearing-after-lunchtime-downpour-20121012-27hld.html

Tomrrow should be sunny in the morning and much warmer. Possibly some showers in the arvo but I think we will dodge to worst of it. Will be a cold one on Sat night though so bring your woolies. Just about to go out and cut some firewood for us all.

Last edited:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Great Western Highway is now open again. Reduce speed, exercise caution.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If anyone needs eggs for any cooking whatsoever please dont bring them we have a ton from our chooks so Ill bring a huge stash of fresh eggs for everyone.

Templar

F. C. Selous DSO
Reaction score
Does not bode well for some travelling from Syd.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-12/snow-falling-across-eastern-australia/4308904?WT.mc_id=newsmail

About 300 people are stranded in their cars in the Blue Mountains as snow falls across parts of eastern Australia despite it being over a month into spring.
The Bureau of Meteorology says snow falls have occurred right along the Great Dividing Range and as far north as Queensland's Granite Belt.
The wild weather has already affected Sydney's metropolitan area, with Sydney Ferries suspending services between Manly and Circular Quay due to big swells.
Commuters were still able to take the fast ferry or replacement buses.
Rain and winds of up to 100 kilometres per hour are expected in Sydney later today.
Parts of the NSW south coast have already been saturated with more than 300mm of rain, accompanied by eight-metre waves.
The State Emergency Service says 300 people are stranded in their cars on closed roads in the Blue Mountains and central tablelands, while heavy snowfall is continuing around Lithgow and Yetholme.
Several roads in the region are closed, including the Great Western Highway at Wentworth Falls and the Bells Line of Road in the Blue Mountains.
Joel Stibbard said he was surrounded by about 30 centimetres of snow on the Bells Line of Road.
"It's absolutely mental. We are are going to make snow angels while we are waiting," he said.
More than 2,500 homes in the Blue Mountains are without power, with little prospect of it being restored until morning.
Endeavour Energy says high winds have cut electricity supply to people in Blackhealth, Medlow Bath, the Megalong Valley, Leura and Mt Victoria.
Blackheath resident Noelene Turner says she fears the temperature will drop below zero as night approaches.
"We are all in bed with hats, headscarves and everything trying to keep warm," she said.
"I've got a little gas stove, I've filled up a few thermoses and sent then to the older women and other women who live alone nearby so at least they can have a cup of tea. It really is quite a desperate situation."
Phil Campbell from the SES says they have received over 300 calls for help.
"We've had calls for help that relate to trees and branches down, causing minor property damage," he said