NSW meet and greet

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never found a way to keep the leeches out. Shorts, pants, socks tucked into pants (a really good look), gaiters, they even get in through the eyelets of my shoes. Just have to keep checking myself over.
Was camping in the rain with a few friends, one just under a tarp who woke up with a few in his bag and one on his face.

Blackhawk

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I've used Aerogaurd around my feet/shin area with some success;the rest of your body still remains vulnerable though!

bobmouse

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
back to the 'meet' i would come along, but dont hav a 4wd like some of the others. also i hav camped heaps but a bit of a greenhorn to practical bushcraft.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
A NSW meet sounds good to me. Corin, I've recently moved to your neck of the woods from sunny QLD and I've already been out to Meryla. There are some great spots out there for either a car camp or for a bushwalk. A little spookiness too ;) (long story).

Bushwalking-wise there's a nice walk from the top of Meryla pass down to Bendeela at Kangaroo Valley. Awesome country, with temperate rainforest, some dry and wet schlerophyl, ruins, lakes, creeks. Top spot from a natural beauty aspect. The pass itself used to be part of the main highway between the southern highlands and the coast before the railway was established, so there's some historical pioneer stuff there as well.

A good walk for sure! I have not done it yet but my son has. I am rapidly loosing my weekends between now a xmas... need to set a date!