NSW Kedumba Meet, Follow Up and Photos

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Just reporting in to say that we had a great time slogging it out with you all. I learned a few new skills, like flint and steel onto charred wood rather than char cloth.
Amazing views, amazing night sky and great company.

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
Had an awesome time guys, thanks for being a great bunch. What a crazy slog it was.. but had a great time getting to know you all a little better. See you at the next one :)
PS: My quads are crying :_fiu:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Home safe and showered. :) had a really great time saw some amazing scenery and hung out with some great people. Highlight for me has to be all the great tips I got from observing others gear and meals for hiking.

Can't wait for the next one.

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope to see a full report soon mate..Sorry I missed out on this one..!!:piange:

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Thanks Guys for a great weekend. Cheers Peter

darren

Templar
Reaction score
Lucky Country, where the geckos are paid to l
I just got home after a 4 hr drive. I had a great weekend with great company. Highlights were the night climb up the knife edge to Mt Solitary and kicking back around the fire on saturday night (oh, and dinner).

I think i can speak for the whole group in thanking Bear Grills for so much inspiration on the trip.....

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
A fantastic weekend as far as I am concerned! Learnt new skills and met fantastic people. I am uploading a video at the moment, so the rest of you can see what you missed.

The official roll call:

Blake
Breeza
Wentworth
Bushchef
Saxonpathfinder
Peter
Tamar
Colin
darren
Cedric
Corin
Haydn

A great turn out!
Skills practiced and demonstrated;

Bush cooking, water collection, working with natural fibers, friction fire (handdrill, bowdrill), flint and steel fire (charcloth, tinderfungus, charred punkwood), bush saw construction, Navigation, bushfood and useful plants, and lots more!

Last edited:

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
[video=youtube_share;wi6bxcasQ_8]http://youtu.be/wi6bxcasQ_8[/video]

darren

Templar
Reaction score
I thought i would post up a few pics of the trip.

The vew west from the golden stairs carpark

the landslide

The ruined castle as we approched

the view from the top as the sun went down

Corin and Haydn climbing part of the knife edge in the dark and asking themselves 'what would Bear do?'

Possible ufo sighting

The first afternoons route. We dropped of the escarpment to the right of screen and followed the base of it along the spur, over the ruined castle then up and along Mt Solitary to the immediate left and where the photo was taken from

Our destination, Kedumba Valley

Last edited:

darren

Templar
Reaction score
The view from the valley

My camp

Tactical Saw

Park management at work

Ruins

The only way out is up

the view from the end

Corin demonstrating Urban Survival skills....... who said its only flat on the bottom..

All in all it was another great weekend and i would recomend to all the other states give the computer a rest for a while and get together. You will really enjoy yourselves

Thanks for looking
Darren

darren

Templar
Reaction score
A funny little incident happened on the way out to our first nights camp at Mt Solitary. Our group of 4 had no idea where the others had made camp during the afternoon so we were just making out way assuming we would find them on the trail. It was about 7.30 so it was very dark and we stopped for a blow along the ridge before the final big climb up the knife edge when we spotted a light in the distance. We assumed it was Blake and the gang so we turned off out head torches and devised a plan to sneak up on them. So off we climbed (very noisily) through the scrub, the light kept shining down our way so there wasn’t too much surprise going on then finally we sprang up with our head torches on. To the surprise of both sides of the mission it wasn’t Blake and crew but rather a young girl out camping by herself. We explained we thought she was someone else she seemed fine about the whole thing and said she was up from vic. We all apologised then disappeared off into the night.
So to that girl sorry about that again, and I'm sure you , like us have a bit of a story from your trip.

Last edited:

gelandangan

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
Looks like a great trip guys.
Thanks for the photos and Videos..
Even though I wasn't there with you guys I still can enjoy the walk (without the sweat :p )

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Glad you all had an enjoyable trip ... and fine weather too! (I'm quietly bloody envious!)

Great pics people, and gotta compliment Corin on the video - now that was a quick turnaround!

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Blake, those shots from the knife edge are spectacular! Amazing lighting. I'm still on a high from a great trip