NSW Kedumba Clearing Meet 7-8 July Organisation Thread

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Confirmed for me & breeza. Leaving Katoomba Friday morning 10:40-11:am for Mt Solitary with Breeza and possibly with wentworth and bushchef. Just depends on how early we get away and how we feel. If we have a spare hour or two we might go down fuber steps and along federal pass and meet Wentworth and Bushchef at the base of the golden stairs.

Name
RouteConfirmed?
CorinMt SolitaryX
HaydnMt SolitaryX
DarrenMt SolitaryX
BlakeMt SolitaryX
BreezaMt SolitaryX
WentworthMt SolitaryX
BushchefMt SolitaryX
SaxonpathfinderWentworth FallsX
LepmeisterWentworth FallsX
peterWentworth FallsX
ausurvivalWentworth FallsX
mountainwalker???
walker???

Last edited:

peter

Ray Mears
Reaction score
I am going to take a car up Friday. If anyone needs a lift give me a yell.I going to walk halfway in, on friday. Then go for a bit of a look see around. Sat morning i will head down, to the clearing. See you guys there. Cheers Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

SaxonPathfinder

Les Stroud
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm taking the car up friday as well, i'm coming from wollongong if you'd like a lift ... i Hope to see Lepmeister and peter for the walk in... i'm looking to get there about 12:30-1pm time then walk to Kedumba clearing for friday night. Righto well cya then

Last edited by a moderator:

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents I hope you have a good meet and hope the ice keeps out of your bags in the negitives here again and I am in Queensland.
And believe me even though I will be in a heated house , queen bed , hot water on tap , a solid roof over my head and out of the winds and direct weather I do wish I could attend the meet with you guys.

darren

Templar
Reaction score
Lucky Country, where the geckos are paid to l
Ladies and Gents I hope you have a good meet and hope the ice keeps out of your bags in the negitives here again and I am in Queensland.
And believe me even though I will be in a heated house , queen bed , hot water on tap , a solid roof over my head and out of the winds and direct weather I do wish I could attend the meet with you guys.
Thanks mate..
You forgot to mention you will be near your fridge too...:p

Last edited:

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
I did too sorry about that
So include a fridge a coffee maker, oven and all the other good things aswell

auscraft

Henry Arthur Readford
Reaction score
I think freezer is a better word.
But I would still be there if I could

P.s please read NRL thread for hints on keeping warm

Last edited:

Lepmeister

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Morning All,
I'm not going to be able to make it for a overnighter which leaves me gutted.... Trying to work it for a walk-in walk-out same day so I can meet you good folk.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Even if you can make it for the day it would be good.... but you can only do what you can do!

Mountainwalker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have to bail. Wife has to go to Canberra for work and I have to look after kids. Rather gutted, but not much I can do, looking forward to the meet report and hopefully there will be another meet before the end of the year.

I bought a down jacket for Kedumba, have to give it a work out on another trip.

Anyway, enjoy!!!

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that mate! My sister in laws distant French cousin will be joining us though (Cedric) so that's another Confirmed.

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Sorry I can't be with you all on this meet - I just can't do a long walk-in, but I'll definitely be at the next car camping meet (Corin, were you thinking of us going to the same place as last time?)

Anyway, I hope you'll all have a great time and I'll look forward to trip reports and photos.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Blooz, How was your trip? Never saw any pictures yet did I miss the thread???

If it is left to me to orgainse the next meet, my vote will be for the same as last time, but if someone else wants to organize something I will happily go anywhere! I will start a thread to get something happening in the next few weeks, unless somebody beats me to it.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For transparency and safety sake and so people can organize walking in with a buddy if they dont already have one I encourage members to post their estimated times in this thread also.

I will have my spot tracker on while traveling so anyone here can follow me online by clicking on this link. Orange dots are my location posted every 10minutes. When I reach camp I will send an OK signal which will show up as a green marker. I will then turn the tracker off for the night. In the morning I will resume tracking in which case you will see the orange dots beginning to plot again.

If the above link isnt working for whatever reason you can view the default spot page here. (This only last for 7 days however and also shows previous tracks)

Blake Walking Schedule

Day 1 (6th July 2012):

Walking Partners Day 1
Breeza
Wentworth
Bushchef

Drive:Mudgee > Katoomba

Walk:Leaving Katoomba From Golden Staircase carpark approx @ 1200 +/- 30mins. Destination Mt Solitary. Arrive Before dark.

Day 2 (7th July 2012):

Walking Partners Day 2
Breeza
Wentworth
Bushchef
Corin
Darren
Cedric
Others....?

Walk:Leaving Mt Solitary. Morning. Destination Kedumba Clearing. Arrive mid morning

Day 3: (8th July 2012):

Walk out to Kedumba valley rd carpark near Wentworth Falls

Last edited:

Walker

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Blake & Co - if you're driving and intend to leave the car somewhere, please don't leave it at the Golden Stairs overnight. That place has a long history of break-ins and vandalism. We generally drop people and their rucksacks off there, and the driver/s park their vehicle/s in one of the side residential streets, like Cedar Street or Oak Street, then walk back.

Have a great trip (tax time for me :piange:)