NSW BushcraftOz At Mount Olive - May 3rd-4th

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Here are the details for the next NSW meet. After the success of the last meet in Mudgee Darren has generously offered his property as the location for the next meet up. Please see the details below and reply in this thread if you will be able to attend. As this is on private property I will be privately PMing the address for those who will attend.

--------------------------------------------------

When: Saturday 3rd May - Sunday 4th May

Where:
Mount Olive, NSW - Just north of Singleton (address pm'ed to members who reply to this thread)

Who: BushcraftOz members. You must register your interest on this thread and any children/friends who will be there also. New faces are as always very welcome.

What To Bring: Camping equipment as you would take if you were camping in the bush. Your own food, gear, Shelter etc. You should be self reliant. There will be a few drums of water for drinking etc but its always handy to bring your own if you can. Tents, swags & hammocks are fine there is room and spots for both. Firewood is supplied and Darren has kindly offered to provide a shelter for sitting under if it looks like rain. Dont forget a chair! If you are short on something post it up and im sure there will be members who will be able to help you out.

What To Do: All number of bushcraft activities. Carving, Trading, Botany, Firecraft, Archery etc. For this one specifically I was hoping we could construct a bush shelter as a group project. As always there will be lots of knowledge and ideas to share around and generous and friendly members to share knowledge with. I will bring a few 3D targets and my bow for anyone who wants to have a lesson or a go. Though I only have a 50lbs bow so if anyone has a lighter one for beginners that would be ideal.

Like last time if anyone has any specific skills, ie basket weaving, knapping etc let me know here or via PM if you would be able to do a demo for everyone.

Usual Disclaimer:
The members for every meet have always been overwhelmingly friendly and kind but as always be safe, be responsible and respect the owners property. Children are the responsibility of their guardian at all times. This is a family friendly meet.

Hope to see all the familiar faces there and hopefully some new ones also! Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

survivalist

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
SOUNDS GREAT perfect distance from Sydney (I can actually get there). is this overnight? also just to anyone who IS coming if they are a flint knapper could they trade me a bit of rock (although I don't have much to trade in return) or maybe give me a quick class in flint knapping? thanks all

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
SOUNDS GREAT perfect distance from Sydney (I can actually get there). is this overnight? also just to anyone who IS coming if they are a flint knapper could they trade me a bit of rock (although I don't have much to trade in return) or maybe give me a quick class in flint knapping? thanks all
Hi mate. This will be overnight yes. Im sure someone will be able to help you with the flint. Ive got some you can have although its only really good for a flint and steel kit. Anyone who can knap let me know if you would like to do a demo!

apsilon

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I'd very much like to come but how late can we let you know? Dad's birthday is on the 2nd so I'd usually spend at least part of the weekend with him (and no, he wouldn't be interested in coming at his age).

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I see Basket Weaving on the Demos list :;): (wondering if this is a hint)

im in consideration mode

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll be there. Definitely up for another shelter build.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys,

As this was a bit short notice Darren has offered early June as a possible alternate date. Would this time be better for people?

Black3

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I could do a lesson on cowboy sourdough bread if anyone is interested, only happy to pass on what a baker mate taught me. It's easy to transport and cook when you've got a fire.

I'd prefer the may dates if possible, however could possibly do June, what dates did you have in mind.