NSW Bushcraft Bushwalk meet - 20-21 July

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
I thought this was cancelled, but as I've negotiated a rare weekend leave pass I thought I'd head to the Shoalhaven, which is closer for me.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought this was cancelled, but as I've negotiated a rare weekend leave pass I thought I'd head to the Shoalhaven, which is closer for me.
NEVER waste a weekend pass :p, where you think of heading too?

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
NEVER waste a weekend pass :p, where you think of heading too?
Probably dropping in from Long Point Lookout. I did that about 15 years ago and remember seeing some great potential campsites heading towards Bungonia Creek

Flash

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Probably dropping in from Long Point Lookout. I did that about 15 years ago and remember seeing some great potential campsites heading towards Bungonia Creek
Funny, I've been meaning to post some pics of Badgerys Lookout from the weekend. My wife and I had a cook up lunch there and just relaxed for a few hours on Saturday. We visited Long Point Lookout before hand and I was looking at McCallums Flat thinking it would be a great spot to check out.

A few weeks ago we camped just south of the Bungonia Creek corner after having walked in from Bungonia. It's a fantastic spot. I really must put up some pics. There are apparently lots of great spots to camp between Bungonia Ck and McCallums Flat. We are also planning on trying out the greater horseshoe further south some time soon.

Have a great weekend. Maybe we'll be able to organise a meet weekend down there some time?

Cheers,

Mick

Taplow

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Yes, I'm very tempted by the Horseshoe - that would be great hike

Flash

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Make sure you rug up for that one. The forecast is saying temps between 1degC and 6degC along with a high chance of showers. At least it's warmer down in the valley :)

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Might reschedule this one guys? Maybe push it back to to next month?

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Did this meet happen ? as they say on the net "Pics or it didn't happen" :p