BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Not receiving notices of PMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
My settings are correct, and up until probably a week ago, all was behaving as expected.
But, I'm not receiving email notices of PMs.

To assist, I've turned on the pop-up notification to reduce the risk of missing any.

Aussie123

Never Alone In The Bush
Staff member
Reaction score
I know you have checked, but just to be sure I assume you've looked in:

Settings \ My Settings \ My Account \ General Settings

then scrolled down to "Private Messaging" and made sure it is "ON"

It would also pay to check in: "Email & Password" thay you still have a valid email ?

Have you recieved emails from other sources (other than BCOZ) ?

I'm recieveing PMs (today), is anyone else having issues at the moment ?

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
My settings ...
PM.jpg

I can send and receive PMs, just not getting notices of them via email.
My email address hasn't changed (for 19 years, true!). I get emails all day, and not a problem.
I have similar settings over at ABF and AJOR (both run vBulletin, tho possibly different flavours), and they work fine.
BCOZ was working, but has stopped for no apparent reason.

I have just now changed the one setting "New Private Message Notification Pop-up" to Show, so I've got a good chance of spotting new PMs when I open up BCOZ.

Last edited:

Redtail

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
One last thing then - have you checked your SPAM filter / folder ?
I'm on webmail at the moment, and no, nothing in its spam folder.
Can't recall seeing anything in there on my Outlook 2010 on my home PC. And it has been collecting true spam.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Redtail.

Your settings are correct. I have had a look at the email error logs and it seems that bushcraftoz is on the banned ip list due to poor MTA reputation so they are blocking all email traffic (including notifications) before they get to you. Not sure why this is. It could be related to a spam email that was send out via the forum to random emails a while ago (has been fixed) but I'm not sure.

Here is a copy of the report:

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host as-av.iinet.net.au [203.0.178.180]: 554-icp-osb-irony-in17.iinet.net.au
554 Your access to this mail system from 122.201.111.11 has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please contact the intended recipient via alternate means.

I have done some looking and it looks like iinet and most aussie ISP's use senderbase for their blacklist data which fits because we are blacklisted on there: http://www.senderbase.org/lookup/?search_string=122.201.111.11

I have sent a request to Senderbase with the details to request the ban removed and will let you know once I hear back. Hopefully the notification emails will flow again soon. Really sorry about the issue Red.

Blake

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It seems to be working now. I just got notice of a PM.

Good to hear mate. The page still says poor reputation but maybe it takes a while to update. Ill keep an eye on it regardless. Thanks for bringing it to our attention mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.