North and South Ledge walk

Thrud

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Met up with MDU and ChrisM for a very enjoyable if very humid wander. Whilst waiting for MDU tried Chris' eBay bow drill set; got smoke within 30 seconds and as the bow was just a flat piece of wood, got me thinking wether I need to bother looking for a curved piece of wood in future.

The fog was well and truly in and the view of the lake obscured by this. It burnt/blew off after an our or so and the first sun we have had in WA appeared.
Chris had US surplus bag, MDU HPG waxed cotton tara and I was using my new Helikon Foxtrot MkII for the first time(I'll post elsewhere)

The plants at the water holes had been trimmed by roos, some biggish tail prints. Some form of bracket fungus.

It is virtually all on track and even I was able to follow a pipeline!

Good views back across the valley toward the dam and the pumping station. As MDU and Chris mused about wether there would be marron in the dam; eagle -eyed Chris spotted a marron sitting about 50 foot beneath us.

Finished off back in the maundering Weir Hotel in time for an ale or too and a steak sandwich.

Took some more pics, but they are for the "guess who section"...

Good walk with good company.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg9.jpg10.jpg12.jpg14.jpg

Last edited:

Chris8546

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Great photos Mate!

Your photo of the Marron turned out really well given how far away it was.

So we now know for sure there are Marron and Red Fin Perch in there! Note:
I saw a large (semi-eaten) Perch lying on the bank near the dam wall on a previous visit....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Lovely walking country with good views. Thanks for the photos.