Next NSW meetings

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel like doing a walk this wkend, pouring rain or not. Who's up for a day trip over solitary, down to kedumba and then up to queen vic hospital?

Last edited:

chutes

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Sounds like fun Wentworth. Too far for me to go for a day walk, but I'll be doing a similar walk in the Morton Nat Park - such is the plan anyway.

chutes

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Too early to tell, but I will if I can. Sounds like it will be a fun meet.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What day were you thinking mate?

I'm actually keen for a walk and I like hiking in the rain for some reason. Don't know if I can yet though. I need to speak to Jen tonight. Friday I've got my sisters wedding and Saturday I'm going to Canberra for the Raiders game so not sure if she has plans to stay overnight in the capital or not. So if it was Sunday I might, might be able to otherwise I can't. :-(

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry mate looks like we are staying the night at her uncles in Canberra Saturday night so looks like im out. Hopefully next time.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Not to worry Blake, there'll still be hills, rain and leeches waiting for next time :)

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Probably too long a walk for me. Anyone got a link to the farm for a google map?

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Blooz, I can't get it on googlemaps (not that savvy) but if you have the Jamison topo map, I could give a grid reference. Any good?

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Thanks Wenty but I found a 'walk report' somewhere (can't find it again now so I can't post the link) that had photos etc and there's an extremely steep section that is going to be way too hard for me to even contemplate. I'll settle for my solo weekender trips. Actually hoping to make it up to the Blue Mountains this weekend or next weekend. It's time for another visit and I like the prices Summit Gear has on Exped sleep pads atm.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you going for a synthetic or down Exped? They look great.

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
I will definitely be there, I love Kedumba.. I have a bizarre love-hate relationship with the walk in and out :risatonaD: but the reward makes it all worthwhile!!

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
I would also like to know if the date is confirmed... July 8-9 is good for me. Should be nice and chilly in the Jamieson Valley in July... muahaha!

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, 10km in and out. Waterfall ck always has water. There's kedumba river which I've had to drink on another trip, but it has runoff.