Next NSW meetings

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok guys time to set a date and location for the next meet. The colder weather will be here soon so I am suggesting the next one should be a bushwalk. I would also like to put two more dates in the calendar, being a canoe hike in spring at lake yarrunga and another standing camp, in January next year. I am not available till July But I think the date and details need to be set ASAP. Let's hear your suggestions guys.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
Like we discussed as a possible spot for the last meet, Kedumba farming ruins is a straight forward walk in, lots of space, fires allowed. Or if people are up for a bit more travel, Mobbs Swamp in the Wild Dogs.

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the hut down there, lots of history to check out, plus great scenery. From down in the valley, you have nearly 360 degree views of amazing cliffline.

BjornJ

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
hmm, how much walking from the car are we talking here?
:)

thanks
Bjorn

HitchHiking

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Kedumba is great! Mobbs is a great place as well. Its about 10km BjornJ with a pretty big elevation drop to Kedumba

BjornJ

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
10 ks from the car without owning a backpack or hammock, dragging my eski behind me with food and a couple of beers...hmm. Might not be my kind of bushcraft :)

I'm more for the leisurely stroll around the camp, sitting on a chair whittling on something or other with a fire and a beer.
I'm not your guy for long treks with ultra-light gear and limited equipment. I've been to the army, now every outing is about relaxing and "smoothing it"

In the words of Nessmuk;
"We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."

thanks
Bjorn

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
C'mon Bjorn. I'll carry your eski! It is a spectacular view from the valley.

BjornJ

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
(I have been looking at ebay the last couple of days for a hammock, will see how it goes :) )

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not your guy for long treks with ultra-light gear and limited equipment.
Bjorn
who said anything about ultra-light? Wait untill you see my pack. Im pretty sure im going to spend most of the 10km learning from wentworth about how to bring the weight down. My packing strategy is to put in whatever I feel like and then spend the 10km complaining my pack is too heavy. :p

I think they have a word for that......:risatonaD:

SaxonPathfinder

Les Stroud
Reaction score
who said anything about ultra-light? Wait until you see my pack. Im pretty sure im going to spend most of the 10km learning from wentworth about how to bring the weight down. My packing strategy is to put in whatever I feel like and then spend the 10km complaining my pack is too heavy. :p

I think they have a word for that......:risatonaD:
Hahahaha yep been there done that mate! lol and Bjorn i'm sure if you don't have some gear we'll lend you what we can, why don't you speak to Gelangdan about a hammock option n just add a tarp over the top?...

As for me, i need to get away for a weekend soon guys, gotta test all my new gear :)