Next NSW Meet

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
It's time to start planning the next NSW meet while the iron is hot.

At the last one it was great to see everyone getting in there and crafting something.
I had an idea of a group project that everyone could take part in (if they wanted to). Something like a bushcraft table that the group could use for their meal preparation.

CampTableBenchB.gif
photo courtesy of http://bladesandbushcraft.com/index.php?topic=2306.0

This thread is to register interest and ideas for the next meet. Before the end of the year? Early next year?

Bloozz

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Thanks for starting the conversation to get another meet organised. I was very disappointed to miss the last one. I was pretty much all packed and ready to go but finally had to make a decision not to because I was suffering extreme hayfever with the main problem re the meet being that I was coughing a lot (and still am coughing a lot). So, for the sake of the campers around me who would have had to put up with a lot of coughing I decided not to inflict myself on them. So I had a pretty miserable, sickly birthday weekend at home. (Awwwwww!!!!)

I'm up for the next one if the location is one I can get to - will wait and see how the suggestions evolve.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be there with bells on for the next meet Wentworth and yes a group project would be great, bush craft table looks a top idea.

If it's OK I'd like to contribute to the day with pine needle baskets show, tell, teach, if that's something a few would be interested in, I'm only a beginner, but would like to add to the day, if this is something others would be interested in.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
I will be there if I can for sure.

I could book the Scout camp in Tahmoor for January again if folks are Keen.

It was the location of the first meet. http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showthread.php?2164-Sydney-Blue-Mountains-Meet-Photo-Thread-January-2012

We can likely book out the whole site in January during school holidays.

It would make it easier for projects cause we can pay a small fee and hire the bushcraft lashing ropes and poles from the local scout group.

Even make the two storey tent if you are really keen!

I prefer the A frame dining fly and table build, that incorporates, table, chairs and dining fly and is pretty easy to build. I will see if I can find a pic, if not I will draw one.

Here is the two storey tent...

http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showthread.php?313-Big-Bushcraft-Construction-and-Rope-hardware

Here is a rather dodgy computer sketch of the table chairs and dining fly arrangement the scouts build.

a frame.jpg

Last edited:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Looks good Corin. Throwing another location out there. Dunphy Camp Area/ Carlons Farm in Megalong.

Flash

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
If you want a river then Cox's River campsite on the Six Foot Track is good. Pit toilets, tank water, shelters and of course the Cox's River.

Relatively easy walk in from Megalong Valley Rd or 4WD access from Jenolan Caves Rd.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
hmmm or Bendethra

or even someplace up North or west??

Last edited:

Wentworth

Bear Mears
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought we'd agreed on Carlon Head? ;)
Coxs or Carlon Farm are both good choices, but I'm happy anywhere that will have materials for the group project.

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
hmmm or Bendethra

or even someplace up North or west??
Would love to have a meet there one day. Terrific spot but hard to get to for those without 4x4's. Im sure we could scrounge together enough vehicles one day.

Bezerker Viking

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Any date thought of for the meet ? Not keen on Australia Day though (sorry Flash) wish I had a car :\