News - I am buying into acreage :)

pap11y

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am very excited to share the news I am moving to tumbi-umbi to a 2.5 acre property. I have been dreaming of this for some time and should be moving in some time february.

Its really huge for me as it will open the door for me to practice rather than theorise land management and producing for myself..

I'll be surely be posting here "Homesteading" more with my experiences..

sami12

Ray Mears
Reaction score
that is awesome mate, really happy for you and your move. it will be the best thing for your head and hands. enjoy those open spaces!
(i move in a few months to acreage also lets compare notes!)

pap11y

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Sami. Congrats to you too and sharing info is certainly high on my list of priorities..

sami12

Ray Mears
Reaction score
thanks mate :)
does the property have a dwelling already or any structures? im going to search for that area so i can relate to what you are getting into to.
(wow nice spot! jealous :D)

pap11y

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
There are 2 dwellings with separate dwelling spaces but connected. My sister and her fiance have one and I have the other..

Here's an aerial view of the land.. Its a great spot as its so close to the beach and infrastructure (shops and transport)..

GTVi

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Man. What a great start for your life. Most wait until retirement to do what you are doing. Well done. I'm hoping this becomes very successful for you.
Once you have settled in, I might pop in for a visit next time I'm in that part of the country. ;)

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh WOW how awesome for you, nothing like a nice big change like this, living the dream now hey pap, well done.

yep very envious as well of you

mozz