New Banner & Scheduled Downtime 10PM Tue 22/04/14

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

You probably have noticed that I have updated the banner to a new image. Thank you to those who supplied all those great images in a thread i created regarding this but I ended up just going with a cleaner and faster loading banner. I hope you like it. It is all a part of work I am doing at the moment to improve the forum. If you cant see the new banner you may need to clear your cache or refresh your browser.

The forum will also be down from tonight from 10pm EST while I work on implementing and testing some new up and coming additions to the forum. Which we hope will really improve the experience for members.

I have also been working on a new dark theme for the forum which aims to modernise the look of the forum while also making it cleaner and greener. It will be more legible to view both text and images. It should be faster to browse the forum and the new theme also is greener, being darker it draws less power on monitors and gives mother nature a little hand. If you are in love with the old theme, dont worry It will still be available to you by user preference. It is based on the layout of the old forum so for those worried about the transition; The buttons and position of elements wont change, just the color theme. The new theme is still in development and being tested but here is a small seek peak for members:

Last edited:

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just a quick note. I am aware the settings buttons at the top right are hard to see because of the new banner and im working on fixing that for you now.

EDIT: The color of the top right settings buttons has now been changed to something more legible. Please refresh your browser if the links still appear white.

Last edited:

barefoot dave

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Love the look, Blake
Leaves no question about the location of the Forum!
Cheers, BDave.

Benny

Richard Proenneke
Reaction score
Nice. Bit brighter than the original, although it was still a cracker.

Bloffy13

Jon Muir
Reaction score
Nice work mate.
You are an absolute champion.
I can never work out how you manage to juggle so many facets in your life and appear to do them so well.
Keep up the outstanding work
Cheers
Bloffy

BushChef

Karen Hood
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Blake, I like the new banner. Makes me want to be out in the bush!!
I also like that you've given consideration to more greener ways of running the forum - good on you. :)