BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New - Ballarat (Victoria) Based Survivalist

MuntedAussie

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Hey guys, joined this forum today and after only reading a few posts I already feel like this is going to be a great place to be!

A little about myself:

My name is Hayden, I'm 27 and somewhat new to Ballarat area. I have been practicing bushcraft/survival basics for a few years now on & off until recently but of course summer is apon us so no fire :(
I main in structure building and am slowly learning to craft furniture and primitive hunting/trapping.
If I had to have a weakness I'd say it's knowing which knot to use for what but I'm getting there.
Recently I've decided to step away from making gaming videos on YouTube and started to record a few Bushcraft videos for my YouTube channel which I plan to get up ASAP.

Looking forward to getting know you all, learning and hopefully teaching a few things a long the way.

Thanks,
Hayden.

Mozzie

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Hayden, welcome to Bushcraft Oz

awesome to hear your branching out into the bush, cant go wrong mate đŸ˜‰đŸ˜‰

have you been watching a few bush crafting / camping / hiking vids,
there is a list on here of all our best go to Youtubes

cheers Mozz

MuntedAussie

Russell Coight
Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate it.

I've been watching them flat out, recently watched all of the series "Alone" from History and I've been watching YouTube videos pretty flat out too!
Been quite sick lately so I've had the chance to do a lot of watching and learning which has been great.

I've recently started my own little bushcraft camp so hopefully I can get some pic/vids up soon