neck knives

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
knife display house...LoL Now that's what I am talking about. Woe to the establishment if I ever win lotto.
Well, not really. You'd need a bulk order :) And they're $120 US, but they've sold 1900! But that's America for you. Lots of knife enthusiasts. They could be good quality too though, 88 reviews at five stars. I'll give the link, but I don't know whether you'll be able to see it without a login. All that is needed is an email and password. And if I get some sort of angry correspondence from your wife, I'll blame Edward or someone else :). Ooops, I misread - yes, thrud is right. A display house should suit your needs.

Last edited:

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I put in a few requests. They've had the exact knife - guardian 3 full flat (not the sabre) in the past. Also the tops lioness which I kind of like. And a LANDI KINZUA A2 Thanks again odgens :). Oh dear, they have knife case displays - I can feel the gravity pulling waveman in :D Oh, you already knew about this Waveman! I think you should plan for the future - get a knife room
Lol no probs mate, I've bought a number of knives of them in the past...take awhile to arrive but you can get some excellent savings

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Lol no probs mate, I've bought a number of knives of them in the past...take awhile to arrive but you can get some excellent savings
Did you have to pay gst for them in aus? If so, how does that work? I was going to email you with the questions, but others may want to know too.

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Did you have to pay gst for them in aus? If so, how does that work? I was going to email you with the questions, but others may want to know too.
Not on the last couple i bought, not sure if Mass Drop have cottoned onto the GST thing and the packages are pretty small so seem to "slip thru" without customs looking too hard

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Not on the last couple i bought, not sure if Mass Drop have cottoned onto the GST thing and the packages are pretty small so seem to "slip thru" without customs looking too hard
That's what I'd heard. It isn't massdrop's problem. Ebay is different. I suppose it would cost a lot more in time for some custom's person to research each item, then send off an email, put the item in storage, deal with the paperwork when tax is paid, retrieve the item and send it on. Yeah, not worth it. I could imagine that they do the odd one.

odgens

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
That's what I'd heard. It isn't massdrop's problem. Ebay is different. I suppose it would cost a lot more in time for some custom's person to research each item, then send off an email, put the item in storage, deal with the paperwork when tax is paid, retrieve the item and send it on. Yeah, not worth it. I could imagine that they do the odd one.
Thats the thing, our government is trying to make non Australian companies collect tax revenue for them....its stupid and not a surprise many don't

Edward

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score

Fallkniven Jarl SK1se 3G super-steel laminate

Fallkniven U2 3g steel laminate/ SK1se

GEC Northwoods Barlow, African Blackwood

Custom Fallkniven WM1 Neck Knife (WA Desert Snakewood Handles)

Fallkniven NL5cx Idun

Spyderco PM2 M4 steel Carbon Fibre Ltd Ed.

Gayle Bradley 1 M4 steel

Fallkniven U4 3G steel laminate + Titanium Eagtag 630 lumens

Mora Garberg full tang Stainless

Terava Puukko Carbon 110 and 140

Fallkniven F2 VG10 laminate

Fallkniven F1Pro survivial knife, laminated cobalt steel

Spyderco Delica ZDP-189 super-steel

German Navy (Bund) clasp knife, brass liners, with 1942 W&G WWII Gas Mask Bag

Last edited:

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Well, I'm back here because I still haven't found a neck knife. I have found something that looks good quality at a good price but not in stock right now :ROFLMAO:. It's at a store that I've discovered through waveman's recommendations - truetalon. The prices seem really good. I'd posted earlier about a qsp neckmuck. I didn't get it - I was concerned about what looks like a breaking point in the narrowest part of the handle or where the first screw goes through the handle. So, my latest find is this.

And, re the massdrop, now drop discussion; I've bought quite a few knives from out of the country, but no more. Even though we can buy flippers and flickers from any store in Australia, we can't buy them (legally) from outside australia :ROFLMAO:. Absolutely no logic there at all. Any knife that can be opened with one hand can be confiscated at the border - who would have guessed? Fuck me! I think the stupidity of that warrants a swear word. Here's a youtube video describing what the stupidity is - it happened to me too. Luckily it was only about a $40 knife. The knife was fairly utilitarian in nature, like most of my knives, small and usefull.

Last edited:

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Thats the thing, our government is trying to make non Australian companies collect tax revenue for them....its stupid and not a surprise many don't
Can they do that? And do they really try? I didn't think that was possible. Aliexpress charge tax for different countries. Aliexpress is a chinese company based in China. I assumed it was a scam. Some folk in the US have still had to pay tax when their orders arrived from Aliexpress in the US. Asking foreign companies to collect tax on behalf of the Australian govt? Why would the foreign company do this?

Askew

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Well, I'm back here because I still haven't found a neck knife. I have found something that looks good quality at a good price but not in stock right now :ROFLMAO:. It's at a store that I've discovered through waveman's recommendations - truetalon. The prices seem really good. I'd posted earlier about a qsp neckmuck. I didn't get it - I was concerned about what looks like a breaking point in the narrowest part of the handle or where the first screw goes through the handle. So, my latest find is this.

And, re the massdrop, now drop discussion; I've bought quite a few knives from out of the country, but no more. Even though we can buy flippers and flickers from any store in Australia, we can't buy them (legally) from outside australia :ROFLMAO:. Absolutely no logic there at all. Any knife that can be opened with one hand can be confiscated at the border - who would have guessed? Fuck me! I think the stupidity of that warrants a swear word. Here's a youtube video describing what the stupidity is - it happened to me too. Luckily it was only about a $40 knife. The knife was fairly utilitarian in nature, like most of my knives, small and usefull.
Flippers should be allowed in to the country, automatic or assisted knives aren't, basically anything with a spring is out. I'm not aware of the customs schedule changing so it could be that the customs officer who confiscated it isn't aware of the distinction.

Askew

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
Can they do that? And do they really try? I didn't think that was possible. Aliexpress charge tax for different countries. Aliexpress is a chinese company based in China. I assumed it was a scam. Some folk in the US have still had to pay tax when their orders arrived from Aliexpress in the US. Asking foreign companies to collect tax on behalf of the Australian govt? Why would the foreign company do this?
They try. It isn't enforced by customs and isn't worth the time or effort for the ATO to chase up smaller companies, not sure how well they could enforce it. They can't chase up the customer as it's the seller's job to collect GST.

Randall

John McDouall Stuart
Reaction score
Flippers should be allowed in to the country, automatic or assisted knives aren't, basically anything with a spring is out. I'm not aware of the customs schedule changing so it could be that the customs officer who confiscated it isn't aware of the distinction.
I don't know how it works - but, if we as individuals try to bring in flippers or anything that opens one handed they can be confiscated. It has been like that for about 10 years. Have a look at the youtube video - I received the same paperwork. It's just russian roulette.

Askew

Mors Kochanski
Reaction score
I don't know how it works - but, if we as individuals try to bring in flippers or anything that opens one handed they can be confiscated. It has been like that for about 10 years. Have a look at the youtube video - I received the same paperwork. It's just russian roulette.
That was changed a few years back to allow non assisted single handed opening knives, in late 2015. The official page even specifies that it isautomatic or assisted knives that are prohibited.