Neck Knife Survival Kit

Blake

Nest In the Hills
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dyzan thats got to be one of the best and most informative videos ive seen for some time. Ill definatley be doing some research into a kit like this. Thank you for posting.

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice kit great video..thanks for posting mate.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats cool Dzyan, and Blake, it is a pretty easy build too if you know what I mean!

I note that if he replaced his thread with dental floss he would have an excellent material for lashing shelter material (8 strands will hold the weight of a grown man), it is abrasion resistant, it comes in a handy dispenser, can also sew shirts and packs, be used as fishing line, or for traps and snares and it clean teeth too... Under utilized material in bushcraft IMHO!

Micropur would be better for water treating, and it is also small enough.

Over all its a cool little package!

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Oz haggis,

I'll make the knives you make the sheaths?

Howling Dingo

Richard Proenneke
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Oz haggis,

I'll make the knives you make the sheaths?
My be a fun projet mate,..Would be a leather sheath with a rubber over it ..???!.#What would you do for a blade not you normal style corin.??

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
My be a fun projet mate,..Would be a leather sheath with a rubber over it ..???!.#What would you do for a blade not you normal style corin.??
I can make it though, no issue there! Or maybe we make a pair of scandi neckers??? change the sheath design to suit??

rslt

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
I saw this video about two weeks ago and did the same thing with my Fallkniven S1, awesome idea and rolling the tyre tube means you don't have to empty everything out of a pouch to get at it.
You won't regret it.

feebullet

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
PICT (the bloke that did the vid) is on warriors web / bushcraft nz / bushcraft usa / dirt time forum / hmm etc etc etc he is a legend, got to love his missionary / preacher work too. General all round good bloke. I have a becker bk11 set up not too different from this rig.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
here's one I set up, based on a CRKT Minimalist, with a ferro rod, photon II red LED, 10xpuri tabs, ranger bands and 3' of paracord.

I have this neck knife kit as part of my neck survival kit

E

ephbulay123

Account Inactive
It's a great video Dzyan! Maybe I will try it too on my Neck Knife survival kit!

Blackhawk

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
View attachment 411This is my pocket kit that goes with me everywhere.I don't like strong cordage around my neck but I am aware that a break-away link can be put on the cord;just haven't got around to it! The carabiner is a Black Diamond Neutring,the cordage holding it together is 2 ply hoothie cord, some extra paracord as well,LMF firesteel takes care of combustion, lighting and signalling is provided by INOVA LED torch, whistle is a JETSCREAM with a SILVA luminous compass adhered to it,knife is a Keith Spencer designed blade with lashing holes and two edges,some pacing beads and the container has fishing line,hooks,tinder and puritabs.That about rounds it up.

Moondog55

Walkabout
Reaction score
Corin I have some hacksaw blades I can contribute, 50mm * 630mm * 2mm, HSS power blades 2 off.
I was going to make a scrub clearing blade but no need for them now