Native Loo Paper

Kindliing

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Is nothing sacred anymore?
The large leaves of the Macaranga are not bad.
Just dont use the sort of similar looking gympie gympie leaves, you will only make that mistake once:_o:
Here are some pics of the two growing together.
http://bushcraftoz.com/forums/showthread.php?1852-Macaranga-tanarius-(Blush-Macaranga)&p=12327&highlight=blush#post12327
Anyone who has ever experienced Gympie Gympie sting would know ,
I know there's another plant that looks very similar here although I'm not sure what it is called .

I wouldn't go anywhere near it just in case.
I've been stung at least a couple times , the dogs too .

Realistically if you did manage to squat on a plant , as the story goes đŸ˜— you may become a statistic.

Randall

RĂ¼diger Nehberg
Reaction score
Well, there are some nice plants that would work. I often see them, but they're like the mosses here - most things are slow growing. Wattle is about the only thing I'd attack here - many varieties seem to take over on any ground that has been disturbed. In other words, wattles do well. The ones with the yellow flowers and pinnate (feather like) leaves are awesome. If they're flowering that's even a bigger bonus - but have a story ready for when you get home; you may have to explain to your partner why you have a yellow bum. It's one of the reasons I keep a knife handy - clean cuts rather than breaks. But they're not necessarily nearby when you need them - hence the toilet paper.

Peter123

Lofty Wiseman
Reaction score
Take a cotton sheet when you are done with it turn it into charred cloth

Askew

Ray Mears
Reaction score
Callicoma serratifolia leaves are apparently good, I know a bloke that refers to it as toilet paper tree. He does tell you not to confuse it with banksia serratifolia which has similar looking leaves.