my Svord's so far

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
I now have 5 Svord's, I bought 4 and got one in trade from a member on Australian Blade Forms.

Three are Pig Stickers (Kiwi 6 3/4" poly handle, Kiwi 7" wooden handle, Deluxe 6.5" Mahogany handle) , and of coarse the Von Tempsky Bowie and lastly the Economy Drop Point 4 3/8"

Last edited:

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Svords are one of my favourite knives. Good quality and reasonably priced.

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
Svords are one of my favourite knives. Good quality and reasonably priced.
agreed, though their premium line I am finding have become expensive, I see now some are wanting $500 for the Von Tempsky (I paid just under $300 a month or so ago for mine and that's what I think they are worth) on Ebay and as I keep mentioning in my videos their Master Cutler Range knives demand a high price, usually in the $500 range.

Svord definitely make a solid offering, knives meant to be used.

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
One of these days may get a 6.5 inch Bowie to replace my cheap Taiwan bowie. Something with a more comfortable handle and better edge keeping.

Can they still be bought direct from New Zealand ?

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
One of these days may get a 6.5 inch Bowie to replace my cheap Taiwan bowie. Something with a more comfortable handle and better edge keeping.

Can they still be bought direct from New Zealand ?
I am sure you could, though I would personally go through my-slice-of-life here in Oz, Deluxe 7" hunter for under $150 posted with POOL3 discount code

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Svord-Deluxe-Hunter-7-Knife-280H-Complete-with-Leather-Sheath/153014180153?epid=1926025172&hash=item23a05b1939:g:vO0AAOSwtj1a8U2w&frcectupt=true

or you could go the full blown Von Tempsky Ranger 6.5" from the same mob, though almost $80 more.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Svord-Von-Tempsky-6-5-Ranger-Knife-VTR-Leather-Sheath-Included/163694704273?hash=item261cf6f691:g:C80AAOSwqWhc312u

Chigger

Les Hiddins
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointer and will give my Slice of Life a look. A 6.5 inch blade would be all that I need.

Edit: settled for a 6 1/2 inch Bowie which looks to have a much more comfortable than my old Taiwan job.

With the bushfires now abateing (hopefully) shall look forward to a campout and give the Svord a run.

Last edited:

Wave Man

Pyromaniac
Reaction score
My-slice-of-life was who I bought my Von Tempsky Bowie (and the 6 3/4" pig sticker) off and I recommend them, had zero issues with them, good solid retailer, with a good feedback score.

It's a global market these days, bugger going to the original country to purchase when you can go through Ebay IMHO and have it delivered to your door.

I look forward to seeing the pics of your Svord in action mate.