BushcraftOz | The Australian Bushcraft Forum

This forum is currently closed to new user registrations. You are welcome to browse the forum as a guest and existing users may still login with their existing credential's to post on the forum.

My Pack Improvement.

Le Loup

Rüdiger Nehberg
Reaction score
My knapsack was once a scrip/haversack that my wife made for me many years ago. I cut the single shoulder strap and added some leather straps, brass buckles and reenforcing straps. Since then it has covered a lot of miles & has served me well, but yesterday, whilst trying to think of a way to carry some new items without using my scrip, I thought of a way to combine my market wallet with my knapsack.

Packs and Bags 011.jpg
This is my knapsack as I usually use it.
Packs and Bags 004.jpg
The Market Wallet
market wallet and snapsack 022.jpg
Market%20Wallet-A.jpg
Market Wallet carried over the shoulder.
Improved Pack & Roo Camp 008.jpg
This image shows my knapsack with the oilcloth and the market wallet secured under the knapsack flap. I have trail food in one side, and snares, cordage, toilet bag and a bottle of rum in the other side. In this way the things I need on top do not get burried in the knapsack, & they are quick & easy to get at.
I will still use my scrip for foraging, but now I do not have to start a trek with carrying extra items in the scrip.
It has been 3 months since my opperation for a complete hip replacement, & I thought it time I started carrying a little weight. So I went for a trial walk yesterday carrying this pack. It carried well, it was comfortable & well ballanced and I am pleased with the outcome.

Corin

Jiffy
Staff member
Reaction score
In Australia your Market Wallet is known as a Dungal swag.

Good thinking to combine with your pack. Simple and effective